Summer Time - Snowdonia

"Excellent" image Kevin, perfectly exposed, good composition, and great lighting.(y)

George.

I like the image, its got the rugged look of wales and the lights good. Exposure wise, nothing looks clipped or blocked. The constrast is very strong, its rare to say its got too much contrast but I might have not have added as much, or just lifted the shadows ever so slightly. I know you've wanted to include the heavy clouds at the top but I think the image is improved without the dark heavy band of clouds of at the top, and it feels more balanced. I think a slight, and I mean a slight reduction in contrast, or a slight, and I mean slight lift of the shadows and then that crop, and you'd have a master piece there.

I like that :)
I'd be happy if it was one I'd taken but yes I think maybe lose a little off the top and its a cracker.

Sorry I can only give it 9-1/2 out of ten :eek:

There's always room for improvement or though we cannot point it out yet :D

It's a lovely composition Kevin, but I have to say that for me, this one is just a tad too dark.

Nice Shot Kevin, I like the stark contrast of the rock against the green valley. I see the bands of cloud thing and a crop changes the elements within the shot.... Hard to decide which I like best. Although minus the dark layer it does give the impression of an overall lighter exposure (although its not;)). Really nice lights and shades here which gives quite a dramatic feel.
Nice work Kev
Always a struggle to shoot in the summer I find:(

Thanks all, indeed Steve much prefer the sun when it's lower, it midday harsh light around 20mins after sunrise this time of the year lol roll on roll on

The Days are shortening already Kev(y)

Back