Sun earth and moon

Edit My Images
Yes
took this shot today after a lot of trial and error setting it up.
C+C welcome

sunearthandmoon01.jpg

cheers

I used a syringe to put the water drops onto a needle that was held by a clamp. I then placed the picture behind the needle and moved it backwards and forwards untill it was in the right position in the water drop. camera was set up on a tripod and i used a remote shutter release and off camera flash.

the picture is made up of 3 shots combined in photoshop.

Very clever, very effective (y)

Thats really clever, like it!

Barney

Indeed a very clever execution, with great results.

Not wanting to trivialise your effort, as I'm not able to do this myself while I am sure it is a very daunting exercise as well, but just out of curiosity; would not have been able to get all three droplets together in one shot?

Indeed a very clever execution, with great results.

Not wanting to trivialise your effort, as I'm not able to do this myself while I am sure it is a very daunting exercise as well, but just out of curiosity; would not have been able to get all three droplets together in one shot?

I think you might get a bit of overlap in each droplet and to line all 3 up would be a nightmare.

Brilliant work there, I've been wanting to do some droplets for ages and this may just be the spur I need.

would not have been able to get all three droplets together in one shot?

you could get all 3 water drops on the needle at the same time but you would not be able to get a different picture in each of them. The picture has to be directly behind the water drop and parallel with the lens. its not possible to get all 3 pictures in the shot without them over lapping.

thanks for all the comments.

Last edited:
I think you might get a bit of overlap in each droplet and to line all 3 up would be a nightmare.

you could get all 3 water drops on the needle at the same time but you would not be able to get a different picture in each of them. The picture has to be directly behind the water drop and parallel with the lens. its not possible to get all 3 pictures in the shot without them over lapping.

thanks for all the comments.

Thank you for the feedback on this; as I've never attempted this type of shooting I really haven't a clue as to what can / cannot be done.

Again, thank you for the feedback; and again, a wonderful shot (y)

Very clever - and well executed. I know I wouldn't have the patience!

Awesome! Saw one that was just the earth before but that's great! May have a crack at that myself! Where did you get the pics from?

That's fantastic, first time I've seen one like that, brilliant

Very nice to see something different.

If I had tried this, there would be blood all over the place too.

Very nice to see something different.

If I had tried this, there would be blood all over the place too.

That gives me an idea....Blood Sweat and tears:D:naughty::wave:

That rightly deserves all the comments it has received, truly awesome!!.

:agree: excellent, and very well done...

Awsome + everything everyone else has said.

Well done.

BRILLIANT!!!

A very good shot and a lot of thought gone in to it too I suspect. (y)

Back