Sun rise on the Buachaille

Great composition of a classic location. Looks lovely lightwise. I’ve fallen in, out and back in love with this particular spot.

Forget the naysayers that pop up saying it’s cliched, kitsch or overdone. It’s a classic not because it’s close to the road but because it quintessentially shows everything that is good with the area. Great shot and a great way for you to start this year.

Great composition of a classic location. Looks lovely lightwise. I’ve fallen in, out and back in love with this particular spot.

Forget the naysayers that pop up saying it’s cliched, kitsch or overdone. It’s a classic not because it’s close to the road but because it quintessentially shows everything that is good with the area. Great shot and a great way for you to start this year.

:plus1:

Lovely shot!

I've not got one with a decent amount of water coming over, yet, although I have fallen backwards, just out of shot on the right. :LOL:

Love the composition, there are quite a few there that work but this one I think is the better one of them. I even bought a lens specifically for this composition but not been able to get there to do it.

I tried to get a different shot and tried out putting a Gorilla pod on ground level (X marks the spot) .I think it works but i was sh!!!!ng myself incase the camera toppled over into the water.
spot.jpg

I tried to get a different shot and tried out putting a Gorilla pod on ground level (X marks the spot) .I think it works but i was sh!!!!ng myself incase the camera toppled over into the water.
View attachment 146501

You got to go over the edge, sadly, thanks to all of us landscape photographers the lovely moorland has become a total mess - that initially has caused me to fall out of love with the spot, but I went last winter and got the falls all frozen. Once you get past the fact that the mess can be composed out and that overall there is little to no lasting environmental impact to the area other than erosional of a small part of moorland, you can get back to enjoying the spot. Just arrive early as it is very popular.

In the right time it's a remarkable shot to take. The waterfall, tree, elements all compliment each other so well and if you compose it like you did, you hide all trace of man made elements such as the road, pylons, path ways etc. It's one of the few easily accessible totally natural landscape views left and that's why it's such a hit.

Lovely shot. I am going there for the first time in Feb for a few days, hopefully there will be snow then.

Back