Sun Studio Cafe

An interesting interior, but suffering movement blur (not surprising at 1/4 sec) and over-sharpened, leaving the image very busy & crunchy. Would have really benefited from iso1600 and 1/30th.

+ one on Mariner's post. It doesn't seem like a controlled or composed shot to me. More of a snapshot that doesn't have a good angle & lacks a clear subject

An interesting interior, but suffering movement blur (not surprising at 1/4 sec) and over-sharpened, leaving the image very busy & crunchy. Would have really benefited from iso1600 and 1/30th.

Thank you, appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

+ one on Mariner's post. It doesn't seem like a controlled or composed shot to me. More of a snapshot that doesn't have a good angle & lacks a clear subject

Thank you, appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

I think it's an image which, when looked at personally, can stimulate questions:
Why are all the people on the left leaving? What is the chap looking at?
What can all the memorabilia mean? Why is the lady at the table alone in thought?
Coupled to some very agreeable processing, I could stop at an exhibition and view this image for some time...

Last edited:
I think it's an image which, when looked at personally, can stimulate questions:
Why are all the people on the left leaving? What is the chap looking at?
What can all the memorabilia mean? Why is the lady at the table alone in thought?
Coupled to some very agreeable processing, I could stop at an exhibition and view this image for some time...

Thank you Sir, appreciate your comments.(y)

"The people on the left are actually going into the Studio itself, and the chap looking up would be looking at clothing etc for sale, and all the memorabilia is mostly about all the famous people that have recorded music there"

George.

You've captured the 'atmosphere' with the movement of the moment -
leaving the café after a coffee or a Coke at the end of a long day for the recording crew ?
two men hanging back to catch the end of a ball game ?
a young man hoping his luck will change with one more quarter in the one-arm bandit ?
a lady anxiously waiting for her lift home to turn up before they close for the night ?
And the nostalgia absolutely oozing from the musical memorabilia everywhere is fabulous.
Fantastic
(Long distance information give me Memphis, Tennessee ...)

I googled the place and looked at some images online and in comparison I think you've probably chosen the best angle and applied the best processing to give the place real character.

You've captured the 'atmosphere' with the movement of the moment -
leaving the café after a coffee or a Coke at the end of a long day for the recording crew ?
two men hanging back to catch the end of a ball game ?
a young man hoping his luck will change with one more quarter in the one-arm bandit ?
a lady anxiously waiting for her lift home to turn up before they close for the night ?
And the nostalgia absolutely oozing from the musical memorabilia everywhere is fabulous.
Fantastic
(Long distance information give me Memphis, Tennessee ...)

Thank you kindly Sir, really appreciate your comments.(y)

"Love that song by Chuck Berry, probably around 1963ish"

George.

Last edited:
I googled the place and looked at some images online and in comparison I think you've probably chosen the best angle and applied the best processing to give the place real character.

Thank you kindly Sir, really appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

Back