Sunday Morning Football - first work out for the Mark III

Edit My Images
Yes
First work out with my new Mark III and the first soccer I have shot since May/June this year. Camera seems OK. Has netted me some nice pix. ISO 400, exposes well. Oddly, the in camera sharpening is more liberal than my old Mark II N's, which neither good nor bad. For some reason the hosts I use to show my images seem to have added more compression to the site and images dont look as good as they should....

Comments welcome.

UN_PT_BristolWessex61.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex6.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex41.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex4.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex3.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex21.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex01.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex8.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex71.jpg

UN_PT_BristolWessex5.jpg

Not lost your touch :)

Got to love what f2.8 does to the backgrounds!

nice shots. But you can tell they're a bunch of girlies.

Still havent forgotten how to take good shots Pete..;)

Glad the MkIII is working well, Too many "bad reports" on its AF already..:|

Thanks for posting these pictures. I've been conemplating a mk111 for some time now, being put of by the bad reports. Your shots show there seems to be no problem with AF issues.

Still havent forgotten how to take good shots Pete..;)

Glad the MkIII is working well, Too many "bad reports" on its AF already..:|

Cheers mate. Many suspect reports online, mainly American. However, all seems well. Personally, I think that user error and slow optics may be part of the hysteria.

Thanks for posting these pictures. I've been conemplating a mk111 for some time now, being put of by the bad reports. Your shots show there seems to be no problem with AF issues.

Yeah - one tip, get the highest serial number you can and look inside the battery chamber for the numbers 0804 or 0904 as these are recent machines.

As I said, first outing so will report as and when as covering some boxing next week and a large moto X event.

Nice shots pete, Good to hear you got a mark III (y) My only gripe would be the second to last shot with no ball, but the others are excellent (y)

Ally, yeah no ball, but stuck it up as both sets of feet airborne. Awesome!!!:)

Nice set of shots!

Do you focus on a specific area & wait for the action? or do you follow the ball around?

I'm only asking because I took some of my daughters team this year, & I would like to improve on them.

Thanks Spence.

Spence, generally stop in one place and let the action come to me...especially pro stuff as little choice on where to sit.

aye, nothing wrong with that one, helps it's got a decent operator behind it though ;)

Cheers mate. Many suspect reports online, mainly American. However, all seems well. Personally, I think that user error and slow optics may be part of the hysteria.

Pete:

The highlighted quotes are what I have been thinking for quite some time although mooh (Mark on these forums) and some others have reported problems with the AF on the models they were testing.:cautious:

They are not daft either and know their way around a camera.;)

Definately some issues along the line.:(

Pete:

The highlighted quotes are what I have been thinking for quite some time although mooh (Mark on these forums) and some others have reported problems with the AF on the models they were testing.:cautious:

They are not daft either and know their way around a camera.;)

Definately some issues along the line.:(

Yeah, totally understand and respect that. Marks comments bounced around my head for ages regarding the Mark III being a total mess. However, for me, so far so good though one swallow does not make a summer, I hope it is ok. More work to follow.

Pete glad the mk3 is working out for you OK, Nice to see some more superb pics from you.

I have just received another mk3 to play with so will be taking it for a spin over the next 2 weeks, the results with the first one really put me off. If this one performs better I may be persuaded to get one but, I have a 1DSmk3 on order to pick up USA side before Christmas, so I may get one at the same time.

It seems canon have now acknowledge a problem with early mk111 camera and have a hardware fix for it. Currently no serial nos. are given of affected models.

Back