Sunderland Airshow Evening Show

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Made the traditional trip to Sunderland's Evening Show on the Friday of the show weekend. Some interesting light and some challenging light but a good evening nonetheless.

BBMF Spitfire - Sunderland Airshow 2016 by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

BBMF Lancaster - Sunderland Airshow 2016 by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

BBMF Lancaster - Sunderland Airshow 2016 by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

BBMF - Sunderland Airshow 2016 by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Red Arrows - Sunderland Airshow 2016 by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Great set of what looks like a good airshow. Love the last shot for the "What the hell's going on?" question it makes me ask.

Last edited:
Excellent set, I was there and I wouldn't have believed this standard of shot would have been attainable in that light.

All really good - love the Twister Duo!

Excellent set, I was there and I wouldn't have believed this standard of shot would have been attainable in that light.

Thanks. :) They've needed some tinkering in Lightroom to lift them a bit. It's my third time doing the Friday night show. The first year I went (2013) we had glorious golden hour light but the last two years have been more of a challenge. There's always next year...

Really unusual, I've been surprised how many of these have passed overhead here (North Yorks) going and coming back - though not especially low of course

really nice set John. It was my first time there for the Friday night, I really struggled with a combination of the light and a new lens I'd not used before so have nothing really worth showing for my efforts but these are great. Love the twisters, never seen them before.

14 & 15 are outstanding inside
a very good set, John! (y)

Hi,

What lens and camera did you use for the Lancaster photos? Will give me an idea of what length I need to get close to them for next year at Whiburn?

Really lovely photos

Thanks

Barry

Hi,

What lens and camera did you use for the Lancaster photos? Will give me an idea of what length I need to get close to them for next year at Whiburn?

Really lovely photos

Thanks

Barry

They were all taken with a D810 and 500 f4 with a 1.4x TC attached, so 700mm. Even at that focal length they've needed various amounts of cropping.

They were all taken with a D810 and 500 f4 with a 1.4x TC attached, so 700mm. Even at that focal length they've needed various amounts of cropping.

I have to hope my lottery numbers come up to match that kit...

Fantastic Photos!

Back