Critique Sunderland Airshow

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally finished sorting and editing all my shots from the Sunderland Airshow this past weekend, here are a selection of my favourites from the Saturday

Any comments/critique welcomed as this is only my second airshow

RAF Typhoon FGR4
by Richard Smith, on Flickr

RAF Typhoon FGR4

RAF Typhoon FGR4

Royal Navy Black Cats

P40 Kittyhawk

Havilland DH.100 Vampire

Sea King HU5

MiG-15 'Red 18';

Last edited:
for only your 2nd airshow mate this is a very solid set.

Cheers guys, my hit rate wasn't pretty though, especially the prop planes, out of 700 shots taken i think i got about 40 decent usably sharp shots, then whittled it down to about 20 for the whole day

That's called being selective, no point passing 300 shots and kidding yourself they are all at a level you wanna be at

extremely selective
but why NOT these are fantastic images as these planes are far out.
using a 300 it must be a prime with a tel convertor on and a canny crop to.
this with a 100-400 and a crop. This taken Friday night

19812486418_fb78ec1ed8_c.jpg

Last edited:
That's called being selective, no point passing 300 shots and kidding yourself they are all at a level you wanna be at

Oh i know this full well, when i started out i would upload 30, 40, 50 shots from my outings, but after seeing other people doing a similar thing i soon realised how bored i got with the constant repetition, now i try to pick only a select few of each subject

extremely selective
but why NOT these are fantastic images as these planes are far out.
using a 300 it must be a prime with a tel convertor on and a canny crop to.
this with a 100-400 and a crop. This taken Friday night

19812486418_fb78ec1ed8_c.jpg

I was worried at first that my 300mm might be too long as doing some research on airshows i saw most people were shooting at around 200mm on FF bodies, but glad i too the lens i did, and the TC, and yes you are correct, it is a 300mm f4 prime, used mostly for wildlife

I did have my walkabout 70-300mm ibn the car should i have needed a shorter focal length, but never had the need to get it, though in hindsight i should probably have got that out for the Red Arrows display

Unfortunatly i missed the BoB flight as we went off to get some dinner when they were on, but i have seen them flay a couple of times before, i still love the sound they make though, always gives me goosebumps

Nice shot you got there too, nice prop blur, what shutter speed were you using there?

Back