Sunrise at Portobello

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
A 4am rise on the promise of around 30% cloud cover. The forecast was about right but the cloud decided to congregate on the horizon at the point where the sun was rising. Isn't that usually the way and what makes those spectacular sunrises all the more special.. There was still some nice muted colours so added another few groyne photos to my collection.

Portobello Sunrise by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

The second take is my pick… (y)
just because I see the tones a tad too
bright in the fist. This has nothing to do
with the visual presence of the rising Sun.

Thanks, I like the first better myself. I go down for sunrise shots down at Portobello 4 or 5 times a month and I am still waiting for the combination of the right tide, nice sunrise and a decent sea. Often get two out of the three and hope my perseverance will pay off eventually.

A 4am rise on the promise of around 30% cloud cover. The forecast was about right but the cloud decided to congregate on the horizon at the point where the sun was rising. Isn't that usually the way and what makes those spectacular sunrises all the more special.. There was still some nice muted colours so added another few groyne photos to my collection.

The second is the correct exposure and fits the title better and one can see the sun's shape
Cheers
GEOF

Last edited:
Back