North England Sunrise in Cheshire?

• Thread starter I spat my dummy 86922
  • Start date
I

I spat my dummy 86922

Hi,

My 12 year old son has taken an interest in photography (just with his iPhone at the moment) but is wanting me to go with him one morning to catch some sunrises with my Fuji stuff. Anybody know any locations in Cheshire that are easy to get to and good for sunrises? Would want somewhere he will love to go back to again. I live near Crewe so as close to there as possible.

Cheers

Matt

Matt

I'd make a day out and go to the Peak District, Mam Tor area would be good place to start, plenty of inspirational shots on flickr etc. Then having captured the sunrise, head off to the Grindleford Station Cafe for a mountainous breakfast. You won't be short changed on portion size or cholesterol!!!

He'll love it and want to go back again.

My effort from Mam Tor with an X-T2

170325 Hope Valley
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

If you need a wing man get in touch, I'm just up the road outside Northwich!!

Thanks for that. Couldn't do a full day as got other plans later on but will be doing more days like this in the near future , full days too.

Stunning pic btw , want to put my Fuji through its paces so looking forward to it.

Matt

From the layby I marked the sun rises more or less from behind the hill that the castle is on, of course that changes a bit through the year.

Back