Sunrise on the Frome

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a few days wandering the area around the river Frome in Dorset. I was lucky enough to get one good sunrise.

I shot the usual photos from near the bridge in Wareham but decided to walk further along the river on this day and found myself on the end of a rickety old jetty as the sky lit up :)

Frome Sunrise by Dave Semmens, on Flickr
Dave.

Last edited:
Bloody hell thats nice.

One thing - the very top of the boat mast (the wire bit) is cut off top and bottom - I’d maybe clone out the top and reflected bottom bits to allow some negative space in the frame.View attachment 246760

Yes - I only noticed the wire antenna when I got back from the shoot. I thought I had allowed enough space in the composition - lesson learned for next time :) I did think of cloning the wire antenna out as you say but thought no one would spot it - well spotted :)

Yes - I only noticed the wire antenna when I got back from the shoot. I thought I had allowed enough space in the composition - lesson learned for next time :) I did think of cloning the wire antenna out as you say but thought no one would spot it - well spotted :)

It’s happened to me too often to mention ;)

Live view is your friend. In my workshops I call it “border patrol” ;)

Meant to comment on this ages ago and forgot.

Agree with the points about the chopped antenna.

But wanted to make a point of saying just how tastefully processed this shot is. Superb tonality and colours. It is very believable but has sufficient detail and punch to make you stop and look, the whites of the boat are white too which is so often wrong in these type of shots. Nice one.

Back