sunrise on the river lea

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, with a day off and the weather looking good set the alarm to capture some nice light at the local river, ten minutes by car. It was dull and i thought i'd wasted my time when the sun hit the boats along the banks. Sorry im a big fan of hdr so gave the shot a treatment. Thanks for looking and any comments or crit welcome..

wed 20 3_tonemapped by woody174, on Flickr

The HDR treatment has left it too light, but you know that ;)
Sun flare isn't assisting the cause either.

I quite like that Paul, I am a fan of HDR ;)

Thanks Viv for honest feedback. Glad you liked Norkie, sometimes HDR can be overdone something I've tried to rein in.
I've seen HDR which hurts your eyes and people love it and I shout please no but just proves different tastes.
This ain't my best but did capture something pre sunrise which I binned but my camera club raved about and it wasnt HDR. Will post if I can stand the public burning lol

Lots of things I like about this. The composition is good leading nicely across the frame. I generally like a bit of flare if it's well controlled which I think this is more or less. I'm afraid the look of it isn't to my taste though. I'd really be expecting to see the boats, water and treeline looking much darker than this so to me it all looks a bit too surreal and lacking in contrast for my taste.

Back