Sunrise/set shots & the Blur Hour...

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Some shots taken recently of the sunrise and set. First three are captured in Northumberland with the Harbour one being taken in the 'Blue Hour' & the second to last one in the canaries, and the finally image taken in Scotland during the day, only just managed to get around to sorting everything out and reorganising my 'Land & Sea' Gallery. Still working on improving my Landscape section so any C&C are most welcome (y) To view more CLICK HERE > 'Land & Sea Gallery'

1. 8secs - f/8 - ISO 200 - LEE Big Stopper & 0.6ND Hard Grad.

p1344824619-4.jpg

2. 1/400 - f/22 - ISO 3200 (Grab shot was photographing Eiders at the time) / 3. 3.2secs - f/9 - ISO 800 - LEE Big Stopper & 0.6ND Hard Grad.

p1344824639-4.jpg
p1344824727-4.jpg

4. 8secs - f/8 - ISO 400 - LEE Big Stopper & 0.9ND Hard Grad.

p1317780397-4.jpg

5. 6secs - f/10 - ISO 400 - LEE Big Stopper & 0.45ND Hard Grad.

p1106404599-4.jpg

Last edited:
Some nice shots here, I do like the sunset in No 4.

I am not sure if there is some distortion on the castle in No 5 which makes it look a little odd.

All beautiful images.
The orange part of your signature is horribly distracting though. It's the first thing the eye is drawn to.

Great set there joe. Number 2 for me. I agree that the orange section of your name is very eye catching. Have you done that on purpose so viewers see its your work?

both 4&5 need a straighten mate, agree with the watermark too - it's really distracting.

Thanks for the comments guys, been thinking for ages now to have the logo in B&W aswell as the text for the watermark bit but could never decide, will get it changed asap, thanks for the positive comments everyone & suggestions! :)

Edit : Updated the signature on my websites images so these shots should update automatically soon on the thread.

Last edited:
I quite like the castle shot, good composition and good colour, just a shame about the reflection. Its hard to tell if the castle is distorted as I find a lot of them have distorted walls over time.

I quite like the castle shot, good composition and good colour, just a shame about the reflection. Its hard to tell if the castle is distorted as I find a lot of them have distorted walls over time.

Thanks Steve, I have tried in Lightroom using the correction and having a play about but I think its the issue you said about the distorted walls, typical aswell when I got the weather there are guys doing working on the walls funny enough at the back of the castle as you can see on the image.

Sorry my post was a little confusing, what I meant to say is that over time they walls tend to lean, I've seen it on loads of castles, although they tend to be ruined ones, this looks fairly complete. Where is it btw

Back