Critique Sunset and Sunrise at Old Harry Rocks

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been meaning to take photos of Old Harry Rocks at sunrise for some time, but I've only just got round to visiting. I went down last night at about 7.30 to scope the place out so that I knew how to get there the next morning, Turns out the sunset was pretty awesome with quite a lot of colour, which was a great bonus considering I didn't go there to actually get sunset photos! Went back to the car park and got a few hours kip in the van, and then got up at 4am to walk back to the top of the cliffs. The sunrise wasn't very colourful, but there was a lot of texture in the clouds which made it quite moody.

Comments and what not are appreciated, especially with regards to processing, as that's my weak point.

Three sunset photos-

-1-

Old Harry Rocks Sunset
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

-2-

Studland Sunset
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

-3-

Old Harry Rocks Sunset
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

And two sunrise-

-4-

Old Harry Rocks Sunrise
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

-5-

Old Harry Rocks Sunrise
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

I like these, Carl… darn well done! (y)

For me personally the third and fourth work best, I like the curve in the fourth in particular. I only wonder whether it could perhaps do with a slight burn in the area of the sea in the triangle in the middle, but that would just be my preference.

I like these, Carl… darn well done! (y)

Thanks very much :)

For me personally the third and fourth work best, I like the curve in the fourth in particular. I only wonder whether it could perhaps do with a slight burn in the area of the sea in the triangle in the middle, but that would just be my preference.

Thanks! They are my two favourite as well I think. I'll have another look at the sea in the fourth one I think and see what I can do with it :)

Back