Critique Sunset at Bowling,Scotland

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Knew there was going to be a decent sunset last night so off I went after work, still getting to grips with the little and big stoppers but I'm pleased with what I got. There's a little harbour that is like a graveyard for boats but I caught the tide a bit early so some of them were still under the water level!

1. SHA_4174.jpg

2. SHA_4177-Edit.jpg

I know where that is the train runs past that to Dumbarton and I have often thought great place for shots :)

Lovely shots Scott and hadn't realised that was at Bowling! Is the vignette in the first natural - it looks added? Second one is very serene and probably my fave of the two.

Thanks pjm, was a cracking night and would have loved to stay longer but they close the place up at 6 which I didn't know about, my car got locked in the car park [emoji23] vignette is natural, I wouldn't even know how to add that in as I'm still a beginner at this [emoji23]

I know where that is the train runs past that to Dumbarton and I have often thought great place for shots :)

I'm def going back, it's got loads of promise for some good night shots but would need to work out how to get access

Thanks pjm, was a cracking night and would have loved to stay longer but they close the place up at 6 which I didn't know about, my car got locked in the car park [emoji23] vignette is natural, I wouldn't even know how to add that in as I'm still a beginner at this [emoji23]

In that case I long for the day I qualify as a beginner ;)

Two very nice shots Scott, good composition, spot on exposure, and great light.(y)

George.

I've walked down loads of times at night . Wee path from the road on the right after the car park ?

Yeah go under the archway and keep to your right, there's a little dirt path that takes you along to the boat graveyard, beware though as they close all the gates at 6pm

Yeah go under the archway and keep to your right, there's a little dirt path that takes you along to the boat graveyard, beware though as they close all the gates at 6pm

Yeah sorry I've shot there loads of times, the locked gates dont keep me out ! I park on the street and there's a little dirt path from the road down almost into the archway.
The young team can often be found there though so just be careful !

Back