Sunset at Fontygary Steps

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
These are taken 5 minutes down the road from my house at a place called Fontygary. I had a quick half hour free so popped down to capture what light there was. Fontygary is the name of the static caravan park that backs onto a rocky beach. If you live there in a static and your van is on the beach side you have uninterrupted views of the channel. The only access down to the rocky beach is via these steps that at high tide are submerged by the incoming tide.

Irix 15mm & Pentax K1
Fontygary by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Irix 15mm & Pentax K1

When the light went I swapped out to the DFA 28-105mm and a cheap screw in Rollei ND1000 filter and went long

Very nice shots, liking the first one best :)

#1 for me as well. It’s a nice shot and I think has more interest in it than the others. The vignette is perhaps a little much for my taste but still a nice shot!

A

Last edited:
I think the second has the edge for me , did you use a filter for it ? You can probably tell I am no landscape expert . I like the others too , they have a Spooky feel to them .

Thanks all

I think the second has the edge for me , did you use a filter for it ? You can probably tell I am no landscape expert . I like the others too , they have a Spooky feel to them .
For this image I just used a 3 stop ND to slow the shutter speed down as well as a 2 stop ND for the sky and recovered the shadows then using a luminosity masked grad filter in Lightroom.

Back