SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I discovered this lovely lake in the Haute-Savoie region of France. Last month I did a 25 day tour of Europe (far more exciting than just staying here) and found myself here on day one. The plan was to go to Chamonix Mont Blanc the next day but the weather broke down so I ended up in Italy. After an 1100 mile down from home I was pleased the forecast played out, lovely still waters (bar a tiny ripple you cannot really see in this but it annoys me so I came back a week later) and great light.

_DSC1476 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Typical as just after this when it was completely flat in the distance a bloody dog walker showed up and the thing jumped in the lake. Took about ten mintutes for it to go flat again but mercifully it did in time for sunset.

It's not a secret I hate dogs. I hate a lot of things actually but not France. I love France.

_DSC1492_Rendition 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely Steve. Haute-Savoie is probably the most beautiful part of the world I have seen. Quite typical rock formations on those mountains for the region.

The shot suits your style very well.

Now this is my Country just not my region :-( 2 lovely shots there Steve and worth the visit. Next time your down you should visit lac d`allos @ 2100 Metres really lovely place too (its in the Mercantour park)

Not a massive fan of the tones in the first, really like the 2nd tho.

You and I don't like much the same, for me the 1st shot colour wise just hits it, its the shot, bar the tiny ripple, I would choose to remember the evening by. I actually remember jumping for joy when that light came. It made a 24hour drive all seem worth it.
Now this is my Country just not my region :-( 2 lovely shots there Steve and worth the visit. Next time your down you should visit lac d`allos @ 2100 Metres really lovely place too (its in the Mercantour park)

Will do - more will follow from Auguille du Midi and the Abondance Valley ;)

Last edited:
Typical you Steve, both nice but the 2nd is my pick. Both remind me of your Glencoe Lochan images.

I really like the warmth of the first image, probably because it evokes more memories of the Alps in summer on walking holidays years ago.

Crucially I think it has a more 3d feel to it.

I really like the warmth of the first image, probably because it evokes more memories of the Alps in summer on walking holidays years ago.

Crucially I think it has a more 3d feel to it.

It's my favourite by a country mile. I like the "summer" colour pallate of greens, yellows and blues. The best holiday I ever had was with my parents and we went to Switzerland for 2 weeks walking above Davos etc. It was in August. I've always liked summer and warm days so for me its the image with the emotional pull, being in the sun, feeling the sun on your back, its what I like.

Back