Sunset at Perch Rock finally

A tad too central to my taste but I celebrate that
you did not succumb to artificial shnik-shnak try-
ing to enhance it. (y)(y)(y)

For vertical frames, I suggest to use a 3:4 ratio.

Wow,Where is this? I agree that its a bit central but nothing else wrong with this pic.

With this orientation I think the central composition works (well, it does for me and that's how I would have composed it as well). Love the pastel colours in the sky and the lights on the lighthouse help draw the attention.
Totally agree, very nice indeed.

thanks guys i went back tonight to try and shoot the gyrones, but the light and tide was all wrong. ended up having to call the coast guard as there was a woman sat on one of the gyrones and didnt want to move as the tide was coming in. the tide was racing in tonight. hats off to the coast guard as they where on the scene in minutes and got the woman to safety

A tad too central to my taste but I celebrate that
you did not succumb to artificial shnik-shnak try-
ing to enhance it. (y)(y)(y)

For vertical frames, I suggest to use a 3:4 ratio.
Thanks Kodiak. i did try a few other positions but i felt this worked the best. Thanks to noticing my efforts on post. im trying really hard ATM to keep things toned down and natural.

lovely light and colour. agreed that this is too central as you lead nicely from left to right but then the composition stops. I'd like to see a 3:4 ratio version though.
im still fairly new at landscapes i will go back and try the 3:4. assume a crop?

Back