Sunset at Turnberry lighthouse

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Been trying to get here for sunset for a while now but could never get there on time.......until now......made use of the big stopper for some LE shots, all comments/crit welcome

1.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461267184.666555.jpg

2.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461267219.368929.jpg

Well composed, captured and rendered, Scott!

Ooops! Now I see it…
a halo at the lighthouse!

2 great shots. I do like the orange colours in the first one but the 2nd has the more interesting foreground, both good for different reasons.

very nice, I'm looking forward to trying some le myself this weekend

I don't use it enough so went with the aim to use that and only that, I have a little stopper also but just wanted to try the 10 stops [emoji106]

No 2 has the better balance to the photo with foreground rocks,certainly prefer this to 1ST.
GEORGE.

I like the compositions here, particularly the 2nd image, the foreground really adds to the image, giving both interest and leading the eye into the image. I'm with Terry on the halos, I think that sometimes under this kind of contrasty light, they are almost unavoidable. I'd rather have an image with haloing than no image.

I was at this very spot last Friday, in totally different light and it was challenging but I aim to go back and hopefully do a better job but next time, I won't be parking at Maidens and walking. :LOL:

I think people worry too much about halo's.

Doesn't ruin the image for me.

Was there any point in a 10 stopper though?

There is minimal movement in the water and no clouds

Sorry, I disagree.
Halos instantly draw the eye, are in no way natural, and are cause pretty much exclusively by poor editing...which mean with decent editing, they needn't be there at all.
A huge percentage of the time it's caused just through trying to pull details out of shadows that themselves then don't look natural.

I like the compositions here, particularly the 2nd image, the foreground really adds to the image, giving both interest and leading the eye into the image. I'm with Terry on the halos, I think that sometimes under this kind of contrasty light, they are almost unavoidable. I'd rather have an image with haloing than no image.

I was at this very spot last Friday, in totally different light and it was challenging but I aim to go back and hopefully do a better job but next time, I won't be parking at Maidens and walking. :LOL:

I've been down twice and parked at the far end of Turnberry in the small car park and walked along the beach which takes a good bit of time, this time I found the path that takes you straight to the lighthouse from the main road, it's about half way between Turnberry and maidens and I just parked the car next to the gate and walked down the path, much easier than the walk on the beach with a bag full of camera gear

it's about half way between Turnberry and maidens and I just parked the car next to the gate and walked down the path,

Is that the big metal gate? I could see the lighthouse from the main road but wasn't sure on parking or access. I didn't want my collar felt. ;) :LOL:

I followed the shore, over the rocks etc to get to the lighthouse from Maidens but thought it might be a good idea to walk along the edge of the golfcourse on my return. It wasn't. :thinking: I ended up walking through the grounds of the hotel to the main road and then following that back to Maidens.

Yes there is a large gate but it has a little pedestrian gate next to it and there's a sign that basically says it's ok to access as its a coastal path, I just bumped the car up on the grass verge and walked down, when I got back to the car there were 4 others that had done the same thing [emoji106]

Back