Sunset looking West from Devile Dyke

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I've wanted to try this location for a while and finally got the chance a couple of weeks ago when the kids were away.

I was rewarded with a lovely sunset. These were taken looking west along the escarpment, I wish I had gone a little earlier to give more time to explore the hillside for different view points as the sun went down.

My personal favourites are those after the sun has set, with the moon in shot. I wish it had been a little further to the right to balance the composition a little more, but you can't have everything!

Constructive C&C welcome.

Cheers

Alan

IMG_1983
by alan72 on Talk Photography

IMG_1971

IMG_2014

IMG_2010

No1 is very nice (y)

I think No 2 is great, I do wonder if cloning out the tower on the skyline may provide the final touch.

I think No 2 is great, I do wonder if cloning out the tower on the skyline may provide the final touch.
I know what you mean, I framed this several ways tighter and wider to try and get the tower right, but nothing works. I don't like removing items from images usually, but in this case I might be persuaded!!!

Great set Alan, 2 and 4 are the standouts for me

#2 for me as well and agree with @huffy re the tower.

PS. I presume this is Devil's Dyke (not Devile) as I couldn't find the latter on Google?!

Great set of images Alan, with #2 being the stand out shot for me.(y)

George.

No2 is the best IMO
No1 does not feel right being so bright in the foreground.

No2 is the best IMO
No1 does not feel right being so bright in the foreground.

Thanks for commenting Alf, understand what you mean, but it feels like a close match to what I remember seeing. The sun wasn't down yet and it was quite bright. I haven't lifted shadows etc. in this.

Number 2 is fantastic. I am considering going there today - to copy you ;)

I like the first one personally but then I'm a sucker for starbursts.

2 for me, great perspective. You have inspired me: I need to drive up and take some shots there at some point as I am only in Lancing.

Thanks all

Cracking shots do like the one with the moon in but like 1st one best I think

Nice set 3 is my favourite with the pink sky, moon and the mist coming in.

Andy

All excellent but No1 is my favourite.
I like how the barb wire draws your eye from the bottom right & around to the centre of the image

Back