Sunset on the beach

Both good, I really like the tones and the foreground sitting right on the edge of the frame in the first.

Both good, I really like the tones and the foreground sitting right on the edge of the frame in the first.

Thanks Chris I have been wanting that section of rocks in a shot for quite a while now

Yes, that's looking very pleasing. The first one personally has better range of hues.

Thanks Longlens

Both good but the first - the eye moves round it really well.

Thanks John

The first is great Alf, would look fab printed big, it invites you in.

Thanks Ned

Nice colours and composition in the first and amazing glow in the second. Nice shots Alf.

Thanks Toni

Two great shots with cracking colours. I think the first is my pick, I like the foreground rocks, but both work for me.

My wife and I have been researching beaches around The Lakes for our summer hols. This thread has helped us out. (y)

Maybe brighten one very slightly but both of these are cracking. Nice work

Like these. Nice and simple.

What beach were these taken? Youre from the North West I seem to rememember. Most of the coast around here has murky brown water..yours looks quite clear.

Ben

Maybe brighten one very slightly but both of these are cracking. Nice work
Thanks
I wasn't as happy with it lighter.
Like these. Nice and simple.

What beach were these taken? Youre from the North West I seem to rememember. Most of the coast around here has murky brown water..yours looks quite clear.

Ben
Thanks
This Parton just North of Whitehaven where brown water is not unusual but in long calm periods the Irish sea can be clear.

I once had critique on a shot saying I needed check my PP as the water was the wrong colour on another forum.

Thanks
I wasn't as happy with it lighter.

Thanks
This Parton just North of Whitehaven where brown water is not unusual but in long calm periods the Irish sea can be clear.

I once had critique on a shot saying I needed check my PP as the water was the wrong colour on another forum.

you use another forum Alf??? How very dare you :) :) :)

Yes, that's looking very pleasing. The first one personally has better range of hues.

This.

Aside - and it's a me thing but it's nice to see a seascape with a natural foreground as opposed to something man made. I don't quite get the appeal of shooting made made sea defences etc - this is much more rewarding. The first one has the foreground too - it points you into the frame - ie it aids the big view and compliments it as opposed to just being some random selection of rocks.

I would lift one out a little more - just slightly lift out the mid point of the tone curve and it will all fall into place

This.

Aside - and it's a me thing but it's nice to see a seascape with a natural foreground as opposed to something man made. I don't quite get the appeal of shooting made made sea defences etc - this is much more rewarding. The first one has the foreground too - it points you into the frame - ie it aids the big view and compliments it as opposed to just being some random selection of rocks.

I would lift one out a little more - just slightly lift out the mid point of the tone curve and it will all fall into place

Thanks Steve I know what you mean about lifting one and maybe it could be I will have another think.

Back