Sunset over Cheshire

The sky and sunset are lovely.
The field though, looks like it was shot in full daylight, and as such, for me, doesn't really match the sky in tone and feel.

The sky and sunset are lovely.
The field though, looks like it was shot in full daylight, and as such, for me, doesn't really match the sky in tone and feel.
I'd say it looks like a wb issue, coupled with a little too much grad on the sky and a lack of foreground contrast.
While OSR makes a nice change from the past 9 months, I think it needs more thought than just a lump in the foreground (so to speak) to make it work compositionally.
Impressive sky you've captured there.

Thanks for the crit guys. I know what you mean about the WB, I'll have another look.

I wanted a higher POV Jake, and to be focussing a little more down on to a smaller section but the side of the field was in a ditch not really allowing for it with my tripod. I tried handheld and bumping ISO up but that was never gonna work. I might try n get back across and have another look if there is anywhere to get a better comp. I'll try for a less heavy grad as well. Ta.

Thanks for the crit guys. I know what you mean about the WB, I'll have another look.

I wanted a higher POV Jake, and to be focussing a little more down on to a smaller section but the side of the field was in a ditch not really allowing for it with my tripod. I tried handheld and bumping ISO up but that was never gonna work. I might try n get back across and have another look if there is anywhere to get a better comp. I'll try for a less heavy grad as well. Ta.

Have a wander around and see if you can find tracks in the field leading the right way. They're always a favourite and aid the composition no end :)

Back