Sunset Over Loch Lomond - Fixed

Nice brownish red tones, the horizon is off by quite a way it's the first thing i noticed, needs right hand up a touch to make water level.

It's the Top Gear Effect.

A bonny sight :)

Are you sure the spirits weren't in you as opposed to the level;)
It's a lovely shot lovely gradients and tones and all reflected in the water and a nice sharp silhouette of the tree, nice work Steve!

I have looked at these levels from time to time, not been over confident in them .... At work we had several colleagues camera levels out on the surface plate all showed something different:rolleyes:. I spose it's a question of how do you know if you get a good one. I suppose if you purchase from a bonafide supplier rather than an unknown you could always return it if it wasn't level.
I guess we have to trust something!

It was a cracking sunset. What hapened to the horizon?

Did you wait for the sun to dip behind the clouds and hills, might have given even more colours.

I have no idea! I've sorted it now. I couldn't wait that long unfortunately, I had to get up at 5am for work and still had an hour and a half drive back home. The sunset was stunning on the drive home though, much more red and intense than in the photos.

Nice brownish red tones, the horizon is off by quite a way it's the first thing i noticed, needs right hand up a touch to make water level.

Sorted, thanks!

It's the Top Gear Effect.

A bonny sight :)

Haha - thank you

Are you sure the spirits weren't in you as opposed to the level;)
It's a lovely shot lovely gradients and tones and all reflected in the water and a nice sharp silhouette of the tree, nice work Steve!

I have looked at these levels from time to time, not been over confident in them .... At work we had several colleagues camera levels out on the surface plate all showed something different:rolleyes:. I spose it's a question of how do you know if you get a good one. I suppose if you purchase from a bonafide supplier rather than an unknown you could always return it if it wasn't level.
I guess we have to trust something!

Ehhh.. I'm sure :oops: :$ Thanks for the comments, I haven now fixed the horizon and is as it should've been in the first place!

Its a cracker now Steve(y) Looking again those colours are really gorgeous!

This tree has been quite a landmark on the loch to give good foreground interest to photos, and you've certainly caught it to good effect in this shot. Mind you, I don't know how it is still hanging on with the roots so exposed!

Its a cracker now Steve(y) Looking again those colours are really gorgeous!

Thank you

This tree has been quite a landmark on the loch to give good foreground interest to photos, and you've certainly caught it to good effect in this shot. Mind you, I don't know how it is still hanging on with the roots so exposed!

You're right, it has been well photographed! I'm not sure either, the roots must go well underground!

Beautiful shot :)

Thank you.

I like that now. It was worth fixing.

Cracking colours for sunset there. I would be happy just to relax on the shore side with a cuppa and absorb it all.

I didn't see the version with the tipsy horizon, but this one is a corker.
The colours are lovely.

I like that now. It was worth fixing.

Thanks Kendo!

Cracking colours for sunset there. I would be happy just to relax on the shore side with a cuppa and absorb it all.

I wish I had the time to do that. I was in such as rush I was running back and forth to my car!

I didn't see the version with the tipsy horizon, but this one is a corker.
The colours are lovely.

Thanks Viv.

Back