Critique Sunset over The Needles

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'd love to hear some critique on this. It's one of my favourites of late, but I'd love to know how it could have been improved.

This is nice. Love the starburst effect to the sun. I feel it needs the 3 big bits of flare removing.
I don't like the foreground, it doesn't add much I don't think. If it was a bit brighter it might work slightly better.

I think I agree on the foreground - I'm kind of gutted, as I took loads of bracketed shots up there, but none have the same star effect to the sun - this shot was a one off where I had taken the camera off the tripod. I have loads of shots a couple of stops lighter, but none line up perspective wise :(

I don't think there's much left to be had - it was almost black pre-adjustment. It's already pretty noisy in the shadows, where it's needed some pretty aggressive noise reduction.

I'll have a bit more of a play later.

Any PP tips would be greatly appreciated!

I like this.

I took loads of bracketed shots up there, but none have the same star effect to the sun

You can do this on purpose. I have a star effect filter which does this to all bright points of light. Very popular in the 1980s!

Steve.

Back