Sunset Portrait Session - Critique Welcome :)

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a sunset portrait shoot last night with another local photographer, all photos were taken with my A7III & Samyang 35mm 1.4.

1.jpg4.jpg7.jpg

Would love to know what you guys think :) Comments welcome :)

Some nice ideas, but there's a couple of niggles for me... Firstly only the third image says 'sunset' the others are too cool. Secondly, the 35mm isn't the best lens for these shots, its not particularly flattering, the first and last just about get away with it, but the second is spoiled by it.

Some nice ideas, but there's a couple of niggles for me... Firstly only the third image says 'sunset' the others are too cool. Secondly, the 35mm isn't the best lens for these shots, its not particularly flattering, the first and last just about get away with it, but the second is spoiled by it.

Hi Phil, Thanks for taking the time to comment. In terms of your comment regarding the focal length "not being particularly flattering", what would you recommend instead? Thanks, Dan

Hi Phil, Thanks for taking the time to comment. In terms of your comment regarding the focal length "not being particularly flattering", what would you recommend instead? Thanks, Dan
135mm personally but some people think it's too long for communicating, in which case 85mm

I love #3. I like #2 too but, for me personally, it would have worked better if I could see both eyes and there were less distracting shadows on the face.

Back