Sunset Silouhette

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
I seem to have got in a bit of a rut with my photography just now and can't seem to get a decent shot :bang:..........maybe I'm trying to hard? Anyhow, I spent an hour or so on Calton Hill, Edinburgh, took loads of photos and this is the only one I almost like....but having the sun in the shot is maybe a mistake as it's so bright? What you think? Any comments appreciated.

Carol

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cazagee/6564789469/][/URL]

Love it :) Really crisp as a silouhette should be and the square format suits it well

I think you are being too hard on yourself Carol :)
Your photograph works well for me, sharp silhouette, lovely colour tones in the sky and the sun being in the frame adds context to the steeple being in deep shadow. Keep shooting :D Iain

I think they are great shots and the sun does not seem too bright to me, don't be hard on yourself pictures I would be proud of

It's a keeper then! Thanks very much for the confidence boost :)
I'll keep shooting Iain....may share a few more from that session.

Thank you

Carol

It's a keeper then! Thanks very much for the confidence boost :)
I'll keep shooting Iain....may share a few more from that session.

Thank you

Carol

Please do Carol :D
I always like to see photographs from the homeland :D albeit I am a West Coaster. Iain

Carol

That's a shot I'd be proud of.

My only "even better if" would be to perhaps try and warm it up a little more with an adjustment to more red rather than the yellow/orange tone?

damn good compostion
with a lower exposure you could have got the sun darker
you can alter the gamma value to do this...it doesnt affect the silhouette in any way
cheers
geof

I'd say that this is certainly a keeper it's stunning (y) and having the sun in the frame really makes it for me (y) :clap: keep on going we all have those times here things can go down hill and it starts to become hard work getting out with the camera (y)

Why not consider taking on one of the many photography challenges check out the 2012 TP52 Challenge thread HERE starting soon (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I love it but I'm a real sucker for silhouettes :)

Thanks for the great suggestions. I'll try those and post another version.

Matt, I've been thinking about the TP 52 challenge.... it may just be exactly what I need to shake things up a little..... but quite scary at the same time! er umm...still pondering!

Carol.

Back