Critique Sunset Stag

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I wasn't sure whether to put this in here or the Landscape section, but as my main goal of the outing was wildlife, i guess it should be in here

It was a rather fruitless trip for the most part, the Deer were far too far away to get any decent shots, so after a couple of hours of wandering around the Peak District, we headed back to the cars, only to be greeted with a fabulous sunset and accompanying Stag

Taken at 420mm using a 300mm f4 + 1.4TC on a D7100 (possibly the last time i will use this lens now i have a Nikon 200-500mm f5.6)

Anyway, enough waffling, here is the shot, and comments/critique welcomed

Big Moor Landscape
by Richard Smith, on Flickr

Fantastic love the tones in this, I love dawn and dusk.
The only thing that may have made it better for me would have been if the deer had been bellowing and you could see the breath, such an inconsiderate deer not giving you the option :)

Fantastic love the tones in this, I love dawn and dusk.
The only thing that may have made it better for me would have been if the deer had been bellowing and you could see the breath, such an inconsiderate deer not giving you the option :)

Cheers, it was remarkably mind when i took it, so not much in the way of breath to be seen

Very nice well captured and not overprocessed it is nice and subtle.

Lovely image - I would crop off a good proportion of the sky to put the distant hill on the upper third, and then play around with the contrast to lift the stag out of the background a bit more. As you have edit my image turned on I have given it a quick go - hope you dont mind. You would obviously get better results with editing the raw file

29611458084_c4a422872b_k.jpg

Thanks Stephen, i do like that edit actually, might have another play with it tonight

Back