sunshine model

Definitely good controlled ratio BG:model
but the chosen angle of the main light, Mark,
and its effect on the skin specular features
is where a second option should be tried
from camera left and a tad higher.

As above the key light isn't really flattering.
Which is a shame because all the other things work really well.

Great colour matching love the pose too. I'm no expert at any of this but see what the other photographers are talking about in the above posts.

Gaz

I agree with the comments above.

Also, you may want to feather your key light a bit to try and avoid it spilling onto the background and diluting the affect - unless that's what you were going for, in which case ignore me! :)

I've got to dash out, but an extremely quick & basic edit...IMG_0303-Edit.jpg

I don't really mind the low position of the key light. For me, though, the bright background dominates the moody light on the face.
And I still think your logo needs toning down :)
gonna spea
I don't really mind the low position of the key light. For me, though, the bright background dominates the moody light on the face.
And I still think your logo needs toning down :)
gonna speak to a few designers and get a rebrand on the logo and again thanks for the advice as i agree its a bit distracting on the shots

Definitely good controlled ratio BG:model
but the chosen angle of the main light, Mark,
and its effect on the skin specular features
is where a second option should be tried
from camera left and a tad higher.
was shot from a 10 o clock position to try and follow the loss of light from the rightside, if i were to reshoot again i would maybe consider a bounce from the right to fill in the main subject !

if i were to reshoot again i would maybe consider a bounce from the right to fill in the main subject !

Yes, good solution! My suggestion was assuming
you wanted only one light source. :)

Back