Super Blue Blood Moon @ Stonehenge

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
A first for me - the 400mm worked really well from a distance. It was helpful to shelter behind the car from the winds as this resulted in far sharper exposures.

If this has any commercial success at all I may try Glastonbury next.

I like these, particularly the first with the slightly wider viewpoint.... Did you see David Noton there too?

Foreseeably, big, red… but no details,
the astronomers were right! :):)

The long FL has helped frame the moon and make it large in the frame - but at the expense of the stone henge where the compression makes the large stones appear very close together - it's not quite how I recall it visiting years ago.

Out of your control but bare brown trees - this in summer or autumn would work better too.

Was a shot looking through the stones possible? Druid’s eye view would be cool.

The long FL has helped frame the moon and make it large in the frame - but at the expense of the stone henge where the compression makes the large stones appear very close together - it's not quite how I recall it visiting years ago.

Out of your control but bare brown trees - this in summer or autumn would work better too.

I wouldn't know because there is a fence all over it and 400mm is the only way to get the shot without paying gazillions to EH.

Was a shot looking through the stones possible? Druid’s eye view would be cool.

Certainly not from any public access land. The only way round it would be making a deal with the owners of the Stonehenge and that is only in the reach of the few and perhaps the members of the fake news media club :)

Looks like the set from Spinal Tap... Seriously do like the first one - opening out on the sides of the stones helps with the framing. And you can get quite close to the stones on National Trust land but the angles are probably wrong for where the moonrise was. Not sure if they'd demand money with menaces in quite the same way EH do either for breach of their image rights.

Back