supergirl

Great fun photo - I actually do like the colour pop one to but I think the second is my favorite

I HATE HATE HATE colour pop.

But I actually really like the first one!! Just a shame about her right hand.

Are those specs without lenses in them?

S

I HATE HATE HATE colour pop.

But I actually really like the first one!! Just a shame about her right hand.

Are those specs without lenses in them?

S
Yep I'm with you on the colour Pop haven't done it for a long long long time now but thought it might just work on this one.
Couldn't agree more about the right hand this was the first shot I took and really like the pose but instantly noticed how tight her hand was in the frame so went tried again and just couldn't get the same pose then she started getting grouchy so thought I would quit whilst ahead...lol I got 3 shots that I was happy with just thought the 1st worked the best.
No glass in the frame they are from Ebay I searched for Clark Kent glasses and found these.

Thanks for commenting

Really like it :)

Only criticism is the tight crop on her right hand.
Couldn't agree more about the right hand this was the first shot I took and really like the pose but instantly noticed how tight her hand was in the frame so went tried again and just couldn't get the same pose then she started getting grouchy so thought I would quit whilst ahead...lol

Thanks for commenting

Great shots, I like the first one.... No the second one...no the.....argh.....both great. Actually I think I do prefer the first, sort of has more of the comic book feel to it. Lighting looks spot on. Is it my eyes or is the focus point on the shirt rather than the eyes? Third one looks good too.

Great fun photos and your daughter looks to be enjoying herself.

Prefer the full colour version but like the others have said its a shame about the tight crop on her hand

Great shots, I like the first one.... No the second one...no the.....argh.....both great. Actually I think I do prefer the first, sort of has more of the comic book feel to it. Lighting looks spot on. Is it my eyes or is the focus point on the shirt rather than the eyes? Third one looks good too.
Thank you for commenting, I've been thinking the same about the focus and it's something I've been noticing in my shots over the last few weeks and I know that I'm focusing on the eyes but the eyes always seem to look a little on the soft side, I'm not sure if it's me and user fault or camera is playing up..... Starting to get a little frustrating now....lol

Thanks again

Great fun photos and your daughter looks to be enjoying herself.

Prefer the full colour version but like the others have said its a shame about the tight crop on her hand
Thank you for commenting and yeah I agree about the right hand.

I really like these looked like great fun but really nicely done too

Have you found the same focus issue using other lenses? If not, might be the lens though why it would start doing it I've no idea. If it happens with other lenses too, that makes the body the chief suspect. If it's just the one lens, print off one of the test sheets from the web, test it and see if it's front/back focussing. Might need micro AF adjustment, though this is usually needed when you first get a new lens, i cant see it just starting to happen. Not sure but may be worth checking out. Could also check AF using live view to focus as this uses a different AF method (well it does on my camera).

Nice one thanks
This is a canon 85mm 1.8 I've had it for about a year and never really used it much so making a real effort to use it more often, but I'm starting to be put of using it

Have you found the same focus issue using other lenses? If not, might be the lens though why it would start doing it I've no idea. If it happens with other lenses too, that makes the body the chief suspect. If it's just the one lens, print off one of the test sheets from the web, test it and see if it's front/back focussing. Might need micro AF adjustment, though this is usually needed when you first get a new lens, i cant see it just starting to happen. Not sure but may be worth checking out. Could also check AF using live view to focus as this uses a different AF method (well it does on my camera).
Nice one thanks
This is a canon 85mm 1.8 I've had it for about a year and never really used it much so making a real effort to use it more often, but I'm starting to be put of using it.

No2 for me as the B&W colour-popped image tends to lose her face within the extra OOF highlights behind.
In the full colour version, I see the Superhero Vest, then concentrate on the wonderful facial expression.
It's a real winner.

Last edited:
No2 for me as the B&W colour-popped image tends to lose her face within the extra OOF highlights behind.
In the full colour version, I see the Superhero Vest, then concentrate on the wonderful facial expression.
It's a real winner.
Thanks for commenting
I really like how people view images differently it really helps me with my photography thanks again very helpful.

Love them both versions work very well :)

Gaz
Thanks
I'm getting a bit of stick on a fb group about the selective colour, it seems to be a very touchy subject...lol

Thanks again much appreciated

As quite a few here i'm not a big selective colour fan usually but your image has really worked, In fact really i like all three you've posted!

Great bokeh!

As quite a few here i'm not a big selective colour fan usually but your image has really worked, In fact really i like all three you've posted!

Great bokeh!
Thanks
That bokeh is fake, it's from a collapsible background from Lastolite it works really well.
Thanks again

Back