Surfing Icebergs

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I was just reminded in another post about a time I got way too carried away trying to get a great vantage point on jokulsarlon beach in Iceland. Then Remembered Trevor got a shot of the moment I clung on for dear life when the iceberg decided it didn't want me on its back! It could of been a very expensive mistake... Lol

Matt surfing an iceberg by Trevor Davies, on Flickr

Waaaaah… cool title for that take Matt!

The shot desperately needs DRL applied.

Yep, been there and done that Matt, Got the heart rate up thinking, that wave looks rather big and menacing :wideyed:

Reactions: 4wd
That's a great capture and you can see the concern in your expression - I'm not sure if you saved the tripod / camera or the tripod actually saved you from a soaking :D

Is that ice on the front of the lens ?

Dunno - if you blow the front of the up, there looks to be an icicle formed to the front element ?
Could be just an illusion ???
Could be me needing to put my glasses on [emoji3]

It's a grad filter. it was cold but not that cold. lol

Scary stuff. Been there myself with waves but not as cold as these ones. ;)

Rather you than me! :eek: Looking forward to being back there in 6 weeks.

Yep, been there and done that Matt, Got the heart rate up thinking, that wave looks rather big and menacing :wideyed:

Been there, caught that!!! Kept an escape route behind me to avoid needing the T-shirt...

Please excuse the gratuitous posting of a couple of my pics in the thread - if you'd rather they weren't here, just ask and I'll remove them (or report this post and ask a mod to do it for me - I'm away soon so might not be able to do it myself.) The laughing gent is Paul100 and the chap in the pale coat is (IIRC) RichTea (whose Zeiss needed a little TLC from the factory after a later splashing...)DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

That's fine mate, did he actually surf that iceberg like me?? anyone else got any funny/crazy photos which in hindsight could of ended badly?

Not intentionally! Paul was stood on his block with the tripod set up on the sand IIRC and Rich was as you see. The block he and Paul were stood on didn't actually shift, just rocked a fair bit. Didn't catch Rich's expensive splashing (or the American woman's fall and soaking...) Much enjoyed the bottomless bowl of lobster soup at the café!

Back