Critique surprise view lakes

@iwols Lovely scenes but they're a little flat, probably due to the time of day you shot them. A little PP work might bring the best out of them.

@alfbranch Really like that Alf well stitched together and you've managed to breath new life into them. Something for the OP to learn from, although shooting at the best time of day is preferable decent PP can help improve and image, when the lights not at its best

shooting at the best time of day is preferable decent PP can help improve and image, when the lights not at its best

Very true Steve as light is the key

A tricky place to take really good photos from as Skiddaw is obscured by trees, and so often when you find yourself there the sun is where you want to point the camera. Early morning I think is going to be the time to get a good photo from there, and something I keep meaning to do is get up and be there for dawn.

So I think the light is letting you down a bit. But I like Alf's panorama which does help to bring out the character of the scene more.

A tricky place to take really good photos from as Skiddaw is obscured by trees, and so often when you find yourself there the sun is where you want to point the camera. Early morning I think is going to be the time to get a good photo from there, and something I keep meaning to do is get up and be there for dawn.

So I think the light is letting you down a bit. But I like Alf's panorama which does help to bring out the character of the scene more.

Not the first time I have stitched a couple shots of that view here is a snap I took from there myself with my compact

https://flic.kr/p/kAtmBe

not at all alf,thanks for that,never stitched before,what did you use please

I used photoshop and Lightroom to work on this either will do but many other program will do the job.

That spot is very special to me and out of the blue I am back there:)

Nice pictures thank you, you cheered me up with them.

Steve.

Back