weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

Well, here we go ...I really can't believe this is my fourth year, but the challenge is now just a part of my week and I'd really miss it.

I've not set myself any particular challenges, I'll just take each theme as it comes.

My song choice is The Colour Of My Love by Celine Dion

Song Title TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oh Wow - that's really nice Susie. Love the colour and the reflection on that plain black bg.

That's lovely Susie and perfect for the song title. Love the hint of reflection and the lighting. The twist in the slinky adds interest too.

What a lovely idea, I just googled Reflections of my heart and bingo there is a song with that name by someone called Rachelle Ferrell, so its a double whammy. Very effective.

Oh Wow - that's really nice Susie. Love the colour and the reflection on that plain black bg.

Thank you Carl :)

That's lovely Susie and perfect for the song title. Love the hint of reflection and the lighting. The twist in the slinky adds interest too.

Thank you Bebop, much appreciated (y)

WOW WOW this is great Susie, love the lighting and reflection, well done on theme and shot :plus1::plus1:

Oooh thank you Dave, that's really encouraging.

Off to a great start Susie, very nicely done.

Thanks for looking in Chris :)

What a lovely idea, I just googled Reflections of my heart and bingo there is a song with that name by someone called Rachelle Ferrell, so its a double whammy. Very effective.

Thanks Shirley, I like that title too.

That's gorgeous - it jumped out on my flickr feed too! Great colours and just the right amount of reflection for me - lovely!

''Thanks Emma, I was pleased with the reflection I didn't want it too bright, it worked out just right.

Wow Susie !!! what a cracking start, wonderful colours, super black background and the twisting form along with the subtle shadows/reflection are banging, love it :clap:

Thank yoooo DK ....I wanted to start with something eye catching.

Cracking start to the campaign Susie. Love the colours and reflection (y)

Great colours and reflection on the background. Really well composed!

Nicely composed Susie, and great colours. Good idea that works very well.

Cracking start to the campaign Susie. Love the colours and reflection (y)

Thanks for looking in Paul.

Nice to see you back for your 4th year, and off to a great start with that image. The colours are nice and great reflections a job well done.

Thanks Mandy, good to see you back in too.

Great colours and reflection on the background. Really well composed!

Thank you Bernd (y)

Funky, nice colours and reflections.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy :) someone's infiltrated the smileys :cool:

Last edited:
That is a very clever picture. Lovely lighting. Is it a slinky?

Yes it is Clive, I spotted it last week and thought it would make an interesting photo, hard to position though, as it keeps springing back,

Nicely composed Susie, and great colours. Good idea that works very well.

Thanks Mark, it's the lovely bright colours that caught my eye.

Very clever and very well executed indeed :clap:

Thank you ....much appreciate you looking in.

I too really like the colours and the reflection great shot.

Susie what a fabulous start to 2017 . I don't know where you get your creativity from but could you send me some please :D

I really like that you chose to highlight the green end of the slinky instead of the red/pink end. I also like the reflection (and I have a new technique to put on my "to do" list).

Excellent image Susie saw it on flicks and passed a comment a few days ago very good start indeed

Beautifully shot and composed Susie, I also saw this on flickr in the icatchy colour group and it thoroughly deserved to be in explore. Great start to your 52.

I too really like the colours and the reflection great shot.

Thank you :)

Good job on the colour and shade!

Thank you for looking in :)

Lovely lighting and colours in this! Great subtle reflection too.

Thanks (y)Paul

Lovely image there Susie. Strong colours and subtle reflection against a clean black background
(y)

Thanks you Tim (y)

Susie what a fabulous start to 2017 . I don't know where you get your creativity from but could you send me some please :D

Thanks Jill ...I hope I haven't peaked to early :eek: the minute I saw that Slinky I knew it would look good ....I definitely need to find some more props :thinking:

I really like that you chose to highlight the green end of the slinky instead of the red/pink end. I also like the reflection (and I have a new technique to put on my "to do" list).

Thanks Kara ...I did try it the other way but the green end definitely looked the best.

What a super image to kick off your 52, Susie :clap: So colourful and well captured with those sharp reflections, and a perfect song title to match.

Thank you Andrea ...much appreciated :)

Excellent image Susie saw it on flicks and passed a comment a few days ago very good start indeed

Thanks Allan .... I just hope its not all downhill from now on!

Beautifully shot and composed Susie, I also saw this on flickr in the icatchy colour group and it thoroughly deserved to be in explore. Great start to your 52.

Thanks Steve, I must admit it was an encouraging boost to the new year that it did so well.

Well I seem to be starting the new year on a bright note ....it wont last :)
I decided on numbers, then 'out of order', I put them on a piece of card and it looked a bit plain, so I gave it a twist in Paint.net and made them swirl into extinction, which sounds much more exciting than the actual photo. Will add another if I get inspired through the week.

Out of ORDER

Out of ORDER TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Very bright and colourful, looks a little like a belly button, interesting idea I do quite like it, its very graphical rather than photographical if you get what I mean

Very bright and colourful, looks a little like a belly button, interesting idea I do quite like it, its very graphical rather than photographical if you get what I mean

Thanks Allan ...yes, I agree, that's why I still feel I should take a 'proper' photo which of course this is ...it just doesn't look like one :)

SOng title image, I love the colours in there, nicely framed and nice black bg.
Order, very effective, love the colour and the twist you added, i had to look twice, missed the 6 in the wrong place first time round!

Hi Michael...thank you for looking in, glad you noticed the numbers :)

Another one of your shots I really like, love the bright colours and shadows from the numbers, plus the swirl (y)

Hi Dave ...thank you ...much appreciated (y)

Setting the bar high with week 0 Susie, that's a really great photo for, er, all the reasons that have already been said multiple times but with which I wholeheartedly agree.

Week 1's an interesting idea but for me the swirliness (technical term) sort of distracts a bit too much from the subject.

Good thinking Susie - very interesting result from a simple set of numbers. Very colourful - posterlike.

Back