weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

Thanks Stan ...I agree ...as mentioned above.

Well I'm glad someone likes my chocolate photo Roger... I wanted it to look sumptuously delicious :)

I rather like the toning colours Bernd :)...unfortunately the composition on the chocolate seems in general a nul points :oops: :$

Well I am sticking to my guns I think you have made it look sumptuously delicious, I could lick it off my fingers. And my good lady thinks it looks wonderful, and if anyone is an expert on chocolate she is!;)

I hate commenting as I know nothing and it often comes out wrong so I just try to say what you see.

Dress, to me, whilst yes it is an attractive dress and nicely photographed, the photo doesn't say 'attractive', it says 'nice photo of an attractive dress'. Now, if you had managed to slip into it then I'm sure that might make for a different image.

Chocolate, love the colors and it definitely looks tasty, but after reading the other comments about lack of focus point I think I also don't know where I'm looking. My eyes are drawn to the orange crescent in the middle but they can't discern what it is and wander around the image settling nowhere.

I hate commenting as I know nothing and it often comes out wrong so I just try to say what you see.

Dress, to me, whilst yes it is an attractive dress and nicely photographed, the photo doesn't say 'attractive', it says 'nice photo of an attractive dress'. Now, if you had managed to slip into it then I'm sure that might make for a different image.

Chocolate, love the colors and it definitely looks tasty, but after reading the other comments about lack of focus point I think I also don't know where I'm looking. My eyes are drawn to the orange crescent in the middle but they can't discern what it is and wander around the image settling nowhere.

You're doing a great job Chris @KernowChris :) just remember the 52's are a very friendly lot, it's much more of a relaxed thread than some others elsewhere on here. It's meant to be enjoyable, I certainly wouldn't still be here four years on if it was anything but that, I think your plan to say what you see is perfect ...so do stick with it.

Regarding my photos, I totally agree, I rushed into putting something on as I hate getting behind, note to self ....must try harder :)

:agree:

... inclined to agree with @KernowChris on both scores. But always good to see different takes and ideas, thanks susie ... and I hope a good time up the smoke was had. :D

Dark chocolate is a good choice for the theme, it doesn't last long in our house (although I'm not such a fan of it). The shot is a bit dark on my screen but that could well be my screen needing calibrating. I like the colours in it though.

Princess Diana's dress is so attractive, so very beautiful.:)

Dark, deep, delicious chocolate, nothing better.:jaffa:not the same but chocolate.

Hi Susie,
Attractive - This is TP, not the Daily Express ;)
Seriously, though, well taken, lighting seems to work which can be difficult in places like that. Surprised it's not behind glass.
Dark - Sour Cherry, oooh, sounds really nice, sI must pop out to the shops to investigate.
I really like the low key feel to it, works really well (y)

Hi Susie, edible props are always a good idea but I struggle to find a focal and therefore make sense of the image. Sorry :coat:

Dark chocolate is a good choice for the theme, it doesn't last long in our house (although I'm not such a fan of it). The shot is a bit dark on my screen but that could well be my screen needing calibrating. I like the colours in it though.

Thanks for looking in Steve ...most times my photos look better on my ipad but with that one it definitely looked better on my computer ...it really does look dark on the ipad so I can understand the comments on it.

Princess Diana's dress is so attractive, so very beautiful.:)

Dark, deep, delicious chocolate, nothing better.:jaffa:not the same but chocolate.

I'm quite partial to a jaffa cake :) thanks Shirley.

Hi Susie,
Attractive - This is TP, not the Daily Express ;)
Seriously, though, well taken, lighting seems to work which can be difficult in places like that. Surprised it's not behind glass.
Dark - Sour Cherry, oooh, sounds really nice, sI must pop out to the shops to investigate.
I really like the low key feel to it, works really well (y)

Thanks Tim ...the dress is behind glass so perhaps I did a really good job with all the lighting around :) That chocolate is from Aldi ...and it is delicious.

Hi Susie, edible props are always a good idea but I struggle to find a focal and therefore make sense of the image. Sorry :coat:

No probs Jill ...my consolation was that I got to eat it and its very yummy :)

Getting a bit behind so a catch up for me, I can hopefully keep up to date now ...

Power (of attraction) pity any poor fly that comes into contact with this monster.

Power TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Above the chimney tops.

I glanced out of the window on Saturday evening and there was someone with a massive kite down on the beach, I took this out of the bedroom window so I was quite a distance away.

Above TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Reshoot DARK the wonderful Daisy, a courageous fourteen year old boxer dog that I'm looking after for a friend ...Daisy only has three working legs but shes a star.

Dark (reshoot) Daisy TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice catch up Susie love the fly catcher the narrow DoF really does put the emphasis on the sticky parts, the kite pic looks strange before I saw it was a kite I was wondering what on earth it was, glad to see you back

Nice catch up Susie love the fly catcher the narrow DoF really does put the emphasis on the sticky parts, the kite pic looks strange before I saw it was a kite I was wondering what on earth it was, glad to see you back

Thanks Allan ...I've just had a few really busy weeks ... I'll hopefully get up to date with comments tomorrow. That kite was handy ...the first thing I thought when I saw it was the TP topic :)

Wow Susie, I just love that power image, real nice colours and detail, infract I am liking all three images, and must say that is one grumpy looking dog :D

Kite wise I didn't guess that for a moment what that was, but very effective and an all round good catch up (y)

The kite is a fantastic shot with that dramatic sky behind it, really bringing the kite into your view. The Dark one is a nice composition, but i possibly would have lightened the shadow on the right side to show a little more of the dog. Not sure that background is doing you any favours if I'm honest. Its a lovely pose by the dog though, and nicely taken. Power is a fabulous image with some brilliant colours and great framing.

Great catch up! My favourite is the kite, beautiful sunset colours. You could have cloned the strings out to keep everybody guessing a bit longer... I also like the dog photo, although that looks almost like an obituary photo...

Good to have you back with us after your gallivants. :D

Power is an absolute beaut, you must be well pleased with that. :clap:

Above, nice find.

Dark .. good portrait and I kinds like the way she blends into the BG.

Last edited:
Wow Susie, I just love that power image, real nice colours and detail, infract I am liking all three images, and must say that is one grumpy looking dog :D
Kite wise I didn't guess that for a moment what that was, but very effective and an all round good catch up (y)

awww poor Daisy ...I'll tell her what you said :D thanks DK :)

Great catch up indeed, got to be the power of the fly catcher as that is a cracker of a shot Susie. Like the kite shot as a nice glow to it, and Daisy just looks beautiful (y)(y)

Thanks Dave ...she is lovely.

The kite is a fantastic shot with that dramatic sky behind it, really bringing the kite into your view. The Dark one is a nice composition, but i possibly would have lightened the shadow on the right side to show a little more of the dog. Not sure that background is doing you any favours if I'm honest. Its a lovely pose by the dog though, and nicely taken. Power is a fabulous image with some brilliant colours and great framing.

Thank you :) that kite came into view just at the right time !

Great catch up! My favourite is the kite, beautiful sunset colours. You could have cloned the strings out to keep everybody guessing a bit longer... I also like the dog photo, although that looks almost like an obituary photo...

Thanks Bernd ...at first I thought ...oh no my lens had marks on it ...then I realised it was the strings... duh !!

Good to have you back with us after your gallivants. :D

Power is an absolute beaut, you must be well pleased with that. :clap:

Above, nice find.

Dark .. good portrait and I kinds like the way she blends into the BG.

Thanks d00d ....another visit the the Big City might be on the cards!
Normally for something like power I set it up in the house but this time I just wandered into the greenhouse with my macro lens on and snapped away :) so yes, I was pleased.
I like the background on Daisy too ....she's very posh with her leopard skin design duvet cover.

Last edited:
A good set of 3 to catch up with.
The POWER of nature, i do like a good plant shot and this is a good plant shot, it would have been nice to see a fly stuck to it, but you can't have everything.
A great spot to capture ABOVE, a nice warm orange glow.
DARK, Daisy looks very sad, but I'm sure she's a happy boxer really.

I agree, a very good set. Power is wonderful, it would go well in this month's Takes On...
The kite and birds are great for above, lovely tones, I might have gone for a bit more roof to give the chimney some context but maybe that didn't work.
Dark is a very good photos but perhaps a small shoehorn was involved :), I'm sure there is nothing dark about Daisy

Above had me scratching my head, worked out it was a kite but could not work out what the spiky coke can in the lower right was till I read your description. :confused: - then a light bulb came on. Love the colours.

Well, I came here to do a catch-up so this last post was ideal.
I absolutely love the flycatcher. Focus is perfect, colours are great, subject is interesting... Love it.
The kite's a quirky and interesting shot
Dark is a perfectly good shot but he looks too friendly to be dark, if it was a rottweiler with bits of person hanging from his teeth that would be much darker.
Did I mention I love the fly catcher?
Helpful comments as always. You're welcome.

Power is a very nice image, great detail and colours.

I like the kite as it draws you in wondering whats going on.

A good set of 3 to catch up with.
The POWER of nature, i do like a good plant shot and this is a good plant shot, it would have been nice to see a fly stuck to it, but you can't have everything.
A great spot to capture ABOVE, a nice warm orange glow.
DARK, Daisy looks very sad, but I'm sure she's a happy boxer really.

Thanks Dominic @Nostromo ...I did manage to get one with a fly yesterday, link below, I've put it in the Takes On challenge. Boxers do always look very hangdog don't they !

I agree, a very good set. Power is wonderful, it would go well in this month's Takes On...
The kite and birds are great for above, lovely tones, I might have gone for a bit more roof to give the chimney some context but maybe that didn't work.
Dark is a very good photos but perhaps a small shoehorn was involved :), I'm sure there is nothing dark about Daisy

Thanks Chris...have done a flycatcher for TO, I did have some with the roof in the kite photo but then it starts involving TV ariels and stuff. Shhhhh Daisy is a shoehorn :)

Above had me scratching my head, worked out it was a kite but could not work out what the spiky coke can in the lower right was till I read your description. :confused: - then a light bulb came on. Love the colours.

Thanks David, I thought the chimney added a bit of something ...not sure what o_O

Well, I came here to do a catch-up so this last post was ideal.
I absolutely love the flycatcher. Focus is perfect, colours are great, subject is interesting... Love it.
The kite's a quirky and interesting shot
Dark is a perfectly good shot but he looks too friendly to be dark, if it was a rottweiler with bits of person hanging from his teeth that would be much darker.
Did I mention I love the fly catcher?
Helpful comments as always. You're welcome.

Awww thanks Nick ...we love those fly catchers and have quite a few different ones.

I was torn between angel and some sort of pterodactyl for a moment there...! Beautiful light in this one, Susie. Power has to be my favourite - superb colours, composition and dof - very arty :clap:

Thanks Emma, that kite must have been huge, I was lucky to catch it with the sunset.
I like arty :)

Power is a very nice image, great detail and colours.

I like the kite as it draws you in wondering whats going on.

Thanks Mark, it does look a bit unearthly doesn't it.

Fly catcher.jpg

Last edited:
On to Evolve ...I planted some tiny seeds last Sunday ...they are 'Micro Greens' apparently very health ...I now have Beetroot and Gourmet Garnish (very upmarket here :D) I do find it fascinating that you plant a tiny dry seed and within days it manages to push its way through the earth and spring into life....nature is amazing!

Evolve TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

the seed still being on the shoot adds to the explanation and I find it fascinating too especially how they just seem to appear overnight as it were

yes fascinating ...I love the freshness of the image.(y)

I can hear the grass grow .... I see rainbows in the evening ...

Last edited:
Very springlike, I like the composition!

Power, lovely sharp shot with the focus on the droplets.

Above, that looks great against that warm sky.

Dark, she looks sooooo sad but also very loving. she deserves a big hug.

Evolve, I'm just growing some very young plants myself and was tempted to do something like yours to capture the young growth.

(y)

the seed still being on the shoot adds to the explanation and I find it fascinating too especially how they just seem to appear overnight as it were

Thanks Allan (y)

Evolve, a very good clear shot showing how great nature really is, and having the seed in shot still makes it even better :)

Thank you Dave.

yes fascinating ...I love the freshness of the image.(y)

I can hear the grass grow .... I see rainbows in the evening ...

Thanks d00d ...1967 and I still remember it :)

Very springlike, I like the composition!

Thank you Bernd.

That really captures the essence of the theme and the colours are very pleasing too.

Thanks Stan ... they grew just at the right time,

Nice one Susie, and the seed case adds context. I too planted some seeds this weekend but I won't be eating the results :naughty:

What are you up to :police: :)

Power, lovely sharp shot with the focus on the droplets.

Above, that looks great against that warm sky.

Dark, she looks sooooo sad but also very loving. she deserves a big hug.

Evolve, I'm just growing some very young plants myself and was tempted to do something like yours to capture the young growth.

(y)

Thanks Foggy, the seedlings do seem perfect for the theme.

Back