weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

Trying to return visits to everyone's threads and this is my first visit since week 0 so I've just looked back through almost your whole thread :) My favourites so far are the peaceful and soft image for Comfort, the striking angles and colours of Mineral, both images for Structure, which is a great take on the theme and both work really well, the fab close-up for Power with the super DOF and light showing off the sticky blobs, and Evolve is a perfect take on the theme and I really like the angle you've chosen (y)

Evolve(d) - Great colours and just enough DOF to avoid complicating the background.

Nicely captured Susie with the seed still on the tip of the plant - hope they taste as good as they look!

Thanks Emma ...snipped some last night and they taste good, just have to remember to keep on sowing to keep the supply up.

Trying to return visits to everyone's threads and this is my first visit since week 0 so I've just looked back through almost your whole thread :) My favourites so far are the peaceful and soft image for Comfort, the striking angles and colours of Mineral, both images for Structure, which is a great take on the theme and both work really well, the fab close-up for Power with the super DOF and light showing off the sticky blobs, and Evolve is a perfect take on the theme and I really like the angle you've chosen (y)

Thanks Andrea ...much appreciate you taking so much time to look back.

Evolve(d) - Great colours and just enough DOF to avoid complicating the background.

Thanks for looking in David.

Hi Susie,

Power - Brilliant detail, lovely vibrant shot.
Above - What on earth is a Skate doing in the sky? ;) (Okay, I know it isn't, but that's what it looks like to me).
Lovely golden hour colours captured there. Have you considered cloning out the birds. It's obvious what they are, but they do somehow come across as spots on the image.
Dark - Brilliant Portrait. She is giving you such a good expression.
Evolve - (y)

Caught up with my post so trying to make a few comments now :)

Structure - 1st one for me, great detail and colours
Routine - Very healthy, nicely contrasting colours, looks good enough to eat :)
Dark - I like the colours but seem a tad too dark on my screen, not easy to see the lovely broken pieces and the gooey bits
Power - Wow love this. Great marco and love the water drops

Lovely reshoot of Dark too, tho she does look a bit worried about what's going on :D

Hi Susie,

Power - Brilliant detail, lovely vibrant shot.
Above - What on earth is a Skate doing in the sky? ;) (Okay, I know it isn't, but that's what it looks like to me).
Lovely golden hour colours captured there. Have you considered cloning out the birds. It's obvious what they are, but they do somehow come across as spots on the image.
Dark - Brilliant Portrait. She is giving you such a good expression.
Evolve - (y)

Thank you Tim those comments are much appreciated, I thought the birds perhaps emphasized the size of the kite o_O

Caught up with my post so trying to make a few comments now :)

Structure - 1st one for me, great detail and colours
Routine - Very healthy, nicely contrasting colours, looks good enough to eat :)
Dark - I like the colours but seem a tad too dark on my screen, not easy to see the lovely broken pieces and the gooey bits
Power - Wow love this. Great marco and love the water drops

Lovely reshoot of Dark too, tho she does look a bit worried about what's going on :D

Thank you Georgina, very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Nicely composed, perfect background and a really interesting peek at something I'd often walk past in the garden. I love the way the tendril seems to be pushing with two arms against the pole - onwards and upwards! Lovely shot Susie :)

Good caputre, sharp with a nice clean background. I am always amazed how these things grap hold and wrap themselves around.

Better late than never susie. :D ... Now that's a lovely job, clean, uncluttered, well lit and just beautiful.

Sweetpeas Susie ?

A summer favourite in our house.

Lovely pic and on theme.....

Simple but effective, and in the knick of time (unlike me)

Perfect focus on everything, a wonderful idea.:clap:

Agree simple, but very effective and nicely on theme Susie. Good main focus on the wrapping round the bamboo poles, good BG to set the shot off well :plus1:

Simple indeed Susie but well spotted and nicely taken

Last minute but still a cracking image, love the colours Susie, a real cool background to set off that lovely spring green, composition wise spot on too for me :)

Nicely composed, perfect background and a really interesting peek at something I'd often walk past in the garden. I love the way the tendril seems to be pushing with two arms against the pole - onwards and upwards! Lovely shot Susie :)

Good caputre, sharp with a nice clean background. I am always amazed how these things grap hold and wrap themselves around.

Better late than never susie. :D ... Now that's a lovely job, clean, uncluttered, well lit and just beautiful.

Good spot, that's the sort of thing that's easy to see but also easy to miss the potential in. I like the bright fresh green against the brown of the pole.

That is a belter. Nature at its best. Really like the effect the sstreeeetcchhhh has had on the leaf.

Well spotted.

Cheers.

Sweetpeas Susie ?

A summer favourite in our house.

Lovely pic and on theme.....

That is a beautiful image Susie, almost looks like a Chinese painting :clap::clap::clap:

What else is there to say that hasn't been?
great sharpness but with sufficiently shallow DoF to emphasis the subject. colours work well, good composition...
(y)

Thank you so much for the lovely comments everyone, really very much appreciated.

@Hertsman yes, they're everlasting sweet-peas apparently, I bought them at the end of last year, hopefully they'll be really nice.

Certainly vivid and it makes a nice abstract, I might have gone for a bit more DoF but it's good as it is.

Susie, that was a good find, it definitely fits the bill for Vivid....great shot !

Cheers
Kath

Love it! ... very effective with interesting BG detail. (y)

Certainly vivid and it makes a nice abstract, I might have gone for a bit more DoF but it's good as it is.

Susie, that was a good find, it definitely fits the bill for Vivid....great shot !

Cheers
Kath

Can't beat being spontaneous Susie, and a very good effect from that angle too, like it (y)

vivid is totally spot on, loving the dof

very vivid Susie, agree with the above comment love the DoF

Very nice Vivid shot Susie, nice bright and on theme :)

Love it! ... very effective with interesting BG detail. (y)

Thank you all, I'm glad you like it, very much appreciated... sometimes I think it's best not to think about things too much and just 'go for it'.

I've just caught up on comments ...only my smoke photo do to now to be up to date!

Hi Susie

Hold - Really original take on the theme and a strong, simple image. The combination of well-chosen colours and great focus brings your attention right in on the plant.
Vivid - Psychedelic. Love it.

Sometimes you dont have to go for a pic, well spotted, works well.

I love this one Susie - superb colours and dof spot on for me :)

Thank you both :)

Very theme fitting for Vivid. Like the view angle and shadow dof. Sometimes we try too hard thinking about the theme.

You're right there Stan, I often overthink it, then I get in a tizz o_O

Hi Susie

Hold - Really original take on the theme and a strong, simple image. The combination of well-chosen colours and great focus brings your attention right in on the plant.
Vivid - Psychedelic. Love it.

Thanks Nick, very much appreciated (y)

Vivid is a great shot, great PoV and brilliant colours. Maybe a tad more DoF...

Back