weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

HI Susie I finally made it into your thread!

Song - Lovely image love the colours and positioning of the heart shaped slinky, the darker reflection is brilliant.

Order - Lovely bright image loving the shapes and shadows.

Comfort - Very nicely composed Susie and the lighting really adds to that comfy feel.

Hairy - I know what you mean about being a difficult one I'm still trying to find something! I love the simplicity of the first image lovely lighting and details

Smooth - That's a little different for the theme I really like it the lighting is good and so is the detail.

Mineral - Wow now that's an image you could look at again and again and keep finding more details you hadn't noticed before very nice indeed.

Whole - Great image nicely composed and light the blue background really makes the orange and green stand out

I love it when you get tangerines with a few leaves attached. Happy picture and on topic ... but only just. :D

HI Susie I finally made it into your thread!

Song - Lovely image love the colours and positioning of the heart shaped slinky, the darker reflection is brilliant.

Order - Lovely bright image loving the shapes and shadows.

Comfort - Very nicely composed Susie and the lighting really adds to that comfy feel.

Hairy - I know what you mean about being a difficult one I'm still trying to find something! I love the simplicity of the first image lovely lighting and details

Smooth - That's a little different for the theme I really like it the lighting is good and so is the detail.

Mineral - Wow now that's an image you could look at again and again and keep finding more details you hadn't noticed before very nice indeed.

Whole - Great image nicely composed and light the blue background really makes the orange and green stand out

Thank you Mark for taking the time to make such a detailed comment ...very much appreciated.

I love it when you get tangerines with a few leaves attached. Happy picture and on topic ... but only just. :D

Thanks d00d ...it is a bit of a tenuous link I must admit :)...busy, busy this week.

Blimey, how did I get so behind on your thread :facepalm:

Hairy, the eyelashes for me even if they do make me insanely jealous. The pov, and dof are spot on.

Smooth, that definitely is a smooth piece of seaweed. I love exploring the tideline for interesting bits of stuff to photograph. I got one last year that looks like a Picasso :p

Mineral, love the range of colours in this (y)

Whole is yet another quality shot from you Susie :clap:

Very nice mineral shot. Lots of unusual shapes and lovely colours.
Nice contrast with the tangerines and their leaves. :)

Blimey, how did I get so behind on your thread :facepalm:

Hairy, the eyelashes for me even if they do make me insanely jealous. The pov, and dof are spot on.

Smooth, that definitely is a smooth piece of seaweed. I love exploring the tideline for interesting bits of stuff to photograph. I got one last year that looks like a Picasso :p

Mineral, love the range of colours in this (y)

Whole is yet another quality shot from you Susie :clap:

Thanks Jill ...very much appreciated :)

Mineral - bang on for the theme, the colours work well, good work.

Whole - another nice image for the theme, the colours all work well.

Thank Mandy (y)

Very nice mineral shot. Lots of unusual shapes and lovely colours.
Nice contrast with the tangerines and their leaves. :)

Thanks for looking in Georgina :)

Both good but I think the first is a brilliant take on the theme, got to be photo of the week for me :clap:

Very nice take on theme Susie, like the #1 most as good clear focus and nice lighting now to wait till Thursday :)

Thank you Dave :)

Both good but I think the first is a brilliant take on the theme, got to be photo of the week for me :clap:

Oh thanks Chris, it took a lot of photos to get it right, your comment makes it all worthwhile, very much appreciated :)

Susie a beautiful take on the structure theme. I like them both. Though I like that number 1 to me shows how fragile the structure can be.

#1 for me reveals a great deal of detail about the structure. It's also very well lit and very sharp. It's a winner :)

#1 is an absolute cracker of a shot Susie. I've photographed the flower many times but never thought to cut through it like that - it offers so much more interesting detail and colour. Fabulous. :clap:

Susie a beautiful take on the structure theme. I like them both. Though I like that number 1 to me shows how fragile the structure can be.

Thank you Kath :)

Structure - A good take on the theme, clearly shows the inside structure of the flower.

Thanks Mandy (y)

1st one for me too Susie cant fault it excellent idea :clap:

Thanks Allan ... much appreciated (y)

Love the first Susie - such a brilliant take on the theme :)
The second seems to lack a bit of detail - I've found this a real problem recently with artificially lit shots - I don't know if you've found this too?

Thanks Emma, yes I had to darken the shadows to try and get more detail in the second one, there was even less in natural light, I did try both. I like buying flowers for the topic, you get to have them to admire :) Looking at them again today I think a side angle might have worked better, but maybe not for the topic :wideyed:

like the first one but it's cropped the edges which is a pity

Thank you ... I was using a macro lens, if I drew back to take in the whole flower I found I lost the essential detail.

#1 for me reveals a great deal of detail about the structure. It's also very well lit and very sharp. It's a winner :)

Thank you Bernd (y)

#1 is an absolute cracker of a shot Susie. I've photographed the flower many times but never thought to cut through it like that - it offers so much more interesting detail and colour. Fabulous. :clap:

Thanks Carl, they're such photogenic flowers, I love them. I did feel a bit mean slicing it in half :eek:

Not going to chose one because they work well together show different structural aspects. Nice one susie. (y)

What a brilliant idea Susie, I would never have thought of doing a transverse cut through of the flower. Great definition in the image too and the contrast against that deep black background is fab :clap:

Shot of the week for me too (y)

Not going to chose one because they work well together show different structural aspects. Nice one susie. (y)

Thanks d00d (y)

Superb set of photos, really lovely.:clap:

Thank you Shirley.

Clever idea and well excuted Susie, I like the fisrt one for me.

Thanks Mark.

Excellent idea for the theme, love both shots showing the complexity, different element and arrangement of a flower.

Much appreciated Stan.

2 lovely shots Susie, no 1 for me though as it is bang on them, showing the structure of the flower, excellent detail and so sharp I could cut myself (y)

Thank you Chris :)

What a brilliant idea Susie, I would never have thought of doing a transverse cut through of the flower. Great definition in the image too and the contrast against that deep black background is fab :clap:

Shot of the week for me too (y)

Thank you Jill .... very much appreciated:)

The first is a good take on the theme, the colours look great against the black with lots of detail captured. (y)

Hi Susie,
Mineral - What can I say? Great colour , great sharpness, interesting shapes to look at. #NailedIt
Whole - Great bright, vibrant colours :) Grounded on the bg by teh slight shadows. Another excellent image for the 52.
Structure - Ooh, I don't know... Difficult... But I think #1 just edges it. I like the way that #2 is all in focus, but the background in #1, with the gradient from blue to black really emphasises the colours of the flower.

Hi Susie

2 cracking takes on Structure I really like them both bit No 1 just takes it for me a very clever idea.

The first one is the gold star winner for me. such detail and control over the focus. really really nice.

Thank you, that's really encouraging :)

The first is a good take on the theme, the colours look great against the black with lots of detail captured. (y)

Thank you :)

#1 for me.

Interesting take on the theme and wonderful detail, subtle lighting.

Cheers.

Much appreciated Andy.

#1 is fantastic. Great idea for the theme, I don't think I've ever seen a shot of a flower cut through but I don't know why as it looks great.

Thanks Steve ...I did feel slightly cruel decimating it!

Hi Susie,
Mineral - What can I say? Great colour , great sharpness, interesting shapes to look at. #NailedIt
Whole - Great bright, vibrant colours :) Grounded on the bg by teh slight shadows. Another excellent image for the 52.
Structure - Ooh, I don't know... Difficult... But I think #1 just edges it. I like the way that #2 is all in focus, but the background in #1, with the gradient from blue to black really emphasises the colours of the flower.

Thank you Tim, much appreciate you looking in and commenting :)

Hi Susie

2 cracking takes on Structure I really like them both bit No 1 just takes it for me a very clever idea.

Thanks Mark (y)

Last edited:
Good choice for the theme Susie, would never have thought of it, compositionally you have done well must have been quite hard to set up

This makes my mouth water Susie. You can see how juicy the fruit is! I like the composition with the colours in diagonal bands across the image.
Were you about to blitz them in a nutribullet by any chance?

Back