weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

Good take on the theme with nice composition, it suits the close crop and looks lovely and juicy.

Hi Susie

Some lovely shots I've missed over the last few weeks. My picks are Mineral (love the detail and light through the MS) and Structure (the cross section looks nice and bright against the darker BG and plenty detail in there).

Cheers

Ian

Nice colourful shot for Routine, only crit would be that I find the chopping board in the bottom left a bit distracting, would maybe have preferred a slightly tighter shot to miss that out.

Routine of 5 a day, like it Susie as it is nice and bright plus healthy even though I never have my 5 a day. Good tight shot too :)

Thanks Dave ...I do try to eat mine not always successful though.

Good choice for the theme Susie, would never have thought of it, compositionally you have done well must have been quite hard to set up

Thanks Allan ...I did end up eating a pear and a banana before I got it right :)

This makes my mouth water Susie. You can see how juicy the fruit is! I like the composition with the colours in diagonal bands across the image.
Were you about to blitz them in a nutribullet by any chance?

Thank you ...I did think they would make a nice smoothie but I've eaten my way through them :)

Perfect, how delicious they all look and all in focus:clap:

Thanks Shirley (y)

Far far to health Susie ;)
Nice range of colours, lovely and sharp, that's a really good image.
:clap:

Thank you Tim ...healthy....well, I do try :)

Good take on the theme with nice composition, it suits the close crop and looks lovely and juicy.

Thanks Chris (y)

Mmm...that looks delicious. Nice and bright and beautifully arranged - I'm feeling very guilty about the chocolate biscuit I just ate now....!

Thanks Emma, I just eat the fruit ...then the chocolate :)

Hi Susie

Some lovely shots I've missed over the last few weeks. My picks are Mineral (love the detail and light through the MS) and Structure (the cross section looks nice and bright against the darker BG and plenty detail in there).

Cheers

Ian

Thank you for looking in Ian ...much appreciated.

Nice colourful shot for Routine, only crit would be that I find the chopping board in the bottom left a bit distracting, would maybe have preferred a slightly tighter shot to miss that out.

Thanks Steve ...I see what you mean, I was worried they looked a bit 'in your face' any closer....not sure o_O

OTT fruitiness, good colour range, a bit more 'in your face' probably wouldn't do any harm. (y)

Now we know what keeps you young and beautiful.

Structure: That first shot is really great and well thought out by cutting it in half.
Routine: good colours, textures and well framed.
Not too sure about all that health food though ;)

Nice take on the theme Susie love the colours and texture. I like to composition

What a lovely healthy breakfast Susie. Great choice of colours and of course you get to eat the props. Only slight niggle for me is I find the background a little distracting especially on the top lhs. I suppose it,s because my eyes are drawn to incongruities and distractions first and the focal point second.

OTT fruitiness, good colour range, a bit more 'in your face' probably wouldn't do any harm. (y)

Now we know what keeps you young and beautiful.

:D thank you d00d

Structure: That first shot is really great and well thought out by cutting it in half.
Routine: good colours, textures and well framed.
Not too sure about all that health food though ;)

Thank you ...it did take me a while to eat it all :)

Nice take on the theme Susie love the colours and texture. I like to composition

Thank you Mark (y)

What a lovely healthy breakfast Susie. Great choice of colours and of course you get to eat the props. Only slight niggle for me is I find the background a little distracting especially on the top lhs. I suppose it,s because my eyes are drawn to incongruities and distractions first and the focal point second.

Thanks Jill ...maybe I should have gone in close ...I just felt it looked a bit unappetizing when I did that o_O

Mmmm FRUITY !!! - Lovely colours Susie and a cool idea for the theme, looking very juicy too :)

Thank you DK ...there's something about fresh fruit ...it always looks soooo good for you!

Couldn't figure out what it was for a while, numbers are there so fits the theme

I never understood contact lenses. I had laser surgery around 5 years ago and glad I did :)

Numbers, plenty of them.

Well composed and nice focus.

Cheers.

Well done for getting that shot one handed, the things we do to get a shot. (I had to recruit my wife's help as I ran out of hands!).

Certainly lots of numbers in the shot, I can imagine the lighting on the foil might have been tricky. Good shot.

Worked well though Susie ! Numbers everywhere once we start looking.

Thank you John.

Couldn't figure out what it was for a while, numbers are there so fits the theme

Thanks Allan, I didn't realise how many numbers were on it till I put it on here !

Numbers, nice shot Susie and one handed too love it as try it a lot. Think you did a good job too with the lighting and focus :)

Not easy doing a balancing act is it Dave :)

Ahhhhhhh I recognise them too, I have them, another nice idea Susie :D

Thanks DK

I never understood contact lenses. I had laser surgery around 5 years ago and glad I did :)

Numbers, plenty of them.

Well composed and nice focus.

Cheers.

I do fancy that ... maybe one day, thanks for looking in Andy.

Well done for getting that shot one handed, the things we do to get a shot. (I had to recruit my wife's help as I ran out of hands!).

Certainly lots of numbers in the shot, I can imagine the lighting on the foil might have been tricky. Good shot.

Thanks Steve, it was incredibly shiny, I had to barricade the light out around it, but still try to get some light in!

Nicely done Susie.

-4.00 is quite a lot isnt it ? (I wear specs as CL's just irritated the hell out of me)

Is that +4 for one eye, + 2.75 for the other?

Works well, :agree: .. lovely blues and silvers. (y)

Oh to be able to wear contacts without my eyes fogging up!!!
Low number like 2.75 & 4 would be nice too (rather than minus 9.something).

You had be fooled there for a bit Susie, I was thinking that's a good idea for routine and then realised.
Nicely done, I read you comment on the lighting, it can't have been easy.

That's a lot of fruit to keep your routine regular :D, nice colours and contrasting textures.

Well done on the macro shot, just bought a Sigma 105 and having had a Tamron a few years ago I forgot how hard it can be with such a narrow dof.

Oh to be able to wear contacts without my eyes fogging up!!!
Low number like 2.75 & 4 would be nice too (rather than minus 9.something).

You had be fooled there for a bit Susie, I was thinking that's a good idea for routine and then realised.
Nicely done, I read you comment on the lighting, it can't have been easy.

Thanks Tim ...I must admit I love my contact lenses ... I find glasses really irritating.

Great idea Susie, lots of numbers there and highlights didn't blow either (y)

Thanks Jill :)

That's a lot of fruit to keep your routine regular :D, nice colours and contrasting textures.

Well done on the macro shot, just bought a Sigma 105 and having had a Tamron a few years ago I forgot how hard it can be with such a narrow dof.

Thanks Foggy ... I use a Raynox 150 or a 250 ...I do really like macro but it is a bit hit and miss.

Eeeek ....I'm getting behind here so I snatched an hour to catch up this afternoon, I'll get around to comments throughout the week.

When I was in London last week with my grandaughter we went to see the Diana's dresses exhibition at Kensington Palace ...not too easy to get a photo without someone in it !! but I managed it with this one.

Attractive

Attractive TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

I agree with emma its a bit busy though i do like the colours in it, its not edible though dark chocolate is :puke:

The dress is a bit an odd exhibit, reading the description its a version of, strange :thinking:

Attractive, not a Diane fan but great shot and there is no doubt very attractive, like the angle you have shot from.
Dark, Oh yes, you should be in chocolate advertising,really great composition. Any left!:woot:

Attractive and dark are done in the same colour scheme :)

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at in dark, it feels a bit busy.

Good effort Susie, Im struggling at the mo.....

Thanks Mark ...sometimes topics sound easy ...and then they're not :(

Attractive is lovely, but I would say that as had the pleasure of meeting Diana years ago when she opened up a Turning Point center what a fantastic lady she was too :)
Dark, well you can`t beat some nice nibbles :)

That must have been amazing Dave to meet the Princess.

There's certainly a very elegant outline to that dress, Susie. I like the colours in the chocolate shot and the way you've broken into it, but I'm struggling to find a focal point - maybe there's a bit too much going on?

Hi Emma....yes,I've come to the conclusion that choccy shot is a bit meh ...the thing is I know how good it tastes ...but it does look busy and messy :(

I agree with emma its a bit busy though i do like the colours in it, its not edible though dark chocolate is :puke:

The dress is a bit an odd exhibit, reading the description its a version of, strange :thinking:

The dress is the actual dress Allan ...it's the Diana dresses exhibition at Kensington Palace.
Dark chocolate is yummy (y)...specially that one ...but as mentioned above its not the best photo, did it in a rush and one day I'll learn that really doesn't work.

Nice idea for the theme. I love dark chocolate but the shot looks quite messy.

Thanks Stan ...I agree ...as mentioned above.

Attractive, not a Diane fan but great shot and there is no doubt very attractive, like the angle you have shot from.
Dark, Oh yes, you should be in chocolate advertising,really great composition. Any left!:woot:

Well I'm glad someone likes my chocolate photo Roger... I wanted it to look sumptuously delicious :)

Attractive and dark are done in the same colour scheme :)

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at in dark, it feels a bit busy.

I rather like the toning colours Bernd :)...unfortunately the composition on the chocolate seems in general a nul points :oops: :$

Last edited:
Back