weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

I did a flamingo for clean too but didn't use it in the end, so great thinking and bang on theme

Great contrast bringing out nice sharp details and lots of cleaning, good take.

Yes preening is the word, works well, but light's a bit harsh.

I did a flamingo for clean too but didn't use it in the end, so great thinking and bang on theme

Well taken shot for clean Susie, like the tight crop/shot and good focus :)

Plenty of pruning going on that's for sure, nice colours and a frame nicely filled with birdies :)

Great contrast bringing out nice sharp details and lots of cleaning, good take.

The close crop works well, and they do appear to be clean (and cleaning).

Lovely, colourful birds and they're definitely busy cleaning and preening themselves (y) The tight crop works well to exclude any background and concentrate the eye on the birds and what they are doing.

Yes preening is the word, works well, but light's a bit harsh.

Thanks folks, its one of those that I wish I'd had the chance to go back and do it again, those flamingos are quite stunning,

Oh my goodness Susie, missed so many of your pictures:(, from the older ones I really like the wasps nest so sharp and lovely colours and I like the frog too. On the more recent ones

Piece- very lovely, great bg and comp. love the way the petals are falling away
Contrast - great take on the theme, I like the way the flame shows up the cracks in the ice
Clean - Bang on theme. I like that you have focused just on the birds, could maybe have cropped it even closer to bring out more of the great details in the feathers
Curves - Wow can see why you were cross-eyed. Very striking can only repeat what the others have said

:D

I do like your Curves susie. I don't know what it is but it has interesting focal dimensions.

Curves, well I can see why you go cross-eyed but I do like it Susie, plenty of curves in the whole image, and goes well in mono :)

Thanks Dave ...it was a bit mind boggling!

Yup, abstract and great B&Ws.

Square crop maybe?

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, yes I think a square crop works.

Great shot, works well for the theme and works well in B/W.

Thanks Nigel, I really like b&w and felt the topic suited it well

Oh my goodness Susie, missed so many of your pictures:(, from the older ones I really like the wasps nest so sharp and lovely colours and I like the frog too. On the more recent ones

Piece- very lovely, great bg and comp. love the way the petals are falling away
Contrast - great take on the theme, I like the way the flame shows up the cracks in the ice
Clean - Bang on theme. I like that you have focused just on the birds, could maybe have cropped it even closer to bring out more of the great details in the feathers
Curves - Wow can see why you were cross-eyed. Very striking can only repeat what the others have said

:D

No probs Georgina, I'm not up to date with everyone either, school holidays and the grandkids causes havoc with free time. Thank you for all the lovely comments. I think I'll have to go back to Paignton Zoo to re do the flamingos, I love them :)

I do like your Curves susie. I don't know what it is but it has interesting focal dimensions.

Ta d00d I used my crystal ball .... look into my eyes :D it's the glass ball I bought ages ago but I keep forgetting to use it.

Very psychedelic! Nothing but curves and it looks good to me, pick of the week I think

Very psychedelic! Nothing but curves and it looks good to me, pick of the week I think

Oh thanks Chris how nice of you to say that.

Wow that really does my eyes in :wideyed: - The ball is very sharp I think, but even if it wasn't I would like this, cool idea (y)

Thank you DK :)

Love your curve shot, great use of the glass ball.

Thanks Steve (y)

And this week's winner for the theme is @susiejb !!!
I really like that. The abstract feel, the use of DoF, the fact that nothing is straight. Splendid.

Wow thank you Tim very much appreciated, no editing on the curves, just as taken.

Pukka shot Susie, like that a really lot......

Thank you Mark :)

Very 60s Susie - I love it! May have to find a glass ball to play with now!!

Thanks Emma I bought it on eBay!

I absolutely love this curves image @susiejb and I like this crop as it is - the creases in the fabric (I assume it is), give you leading lines to the crystal ball which I think you'd lose if you cropped it.

Curves
That's messing with my eyes and brain.
It's a very good take on the theme.

I absolutely love this curves image @susiejb and I like this crop as it is - the creases in the fabric (I assume it is), give you leading lines to the crystal ball which I think you'd lose if you cropped it.

Thank you, the bottom of the ball is actually standing on a flat piece of paper so a real optical illusion there which thankfully adds to the theme.

Curves
That's messing with my eyes and brain.
It's a very good take on the theme.

Thank you (y)

I keep thinking of all the dentists bills. Maybe you wouldn't want them after you'd tried them all once:) Bang on theme Susie, hope you're having a good time there.

This lady does not appear fat as I would be working there. Tasty so very tasty and spot on with the theme.:D

did you get the shopkeeper to pose like that, bag in hand, for you? Nice one!

Mmmmm I could certainly pick at a few of them jars :) :)

Hope you are having a nice break Susie !!

Thanks DK .... the sweets definitely helped :)

This lady does not appear fat as I would be working there. Tasty so very tasty and spot on with the theme.:D

Thanks Shirley.

Nicely on theme Susie, but the dentists bill would be :eek:

Thanks Dave .... sometimes you just need sweets :D

did you get the shopkeeper to pose like that, bag in hand, for you? Nice one!

Well spotted d00d I did ask if I could take the photo but hadn't noticed that bit ... I was too focused on buying my chocolate mints .... yummy.

Last edited:
Look at that face, how cute is that. A puppy dog face is always a winner for me.

Susie, let me save you from the years of distress that clearly lay ahead with this brute. Im happy to do you a huuuge favour and take him away, for no charge, just to save you that future aggravation.......

(soooooooo much want )

Anyways, its a lovely shot, I adore the expression in the eyes and I like the way you used the shot for the theme....

Still jealous tho,

Look at that face, how cute is that. A puppy dog face is always a winner for me.

He is gorgeous isn't he :)

Susie, let me save you from the years of distress that clearly lay ahead with this brute. Im happy to do you a huuuge favour and take him away, for no charge, just to save you that future aggravation.......

(soooooooo much want )

Anyways, its a lovely shot, I adore the expression in the eyes and I like the way you used the shot for the theme....

Still jealous tho,

He's my sons puppy Mark, I've already offered to take him off their hands :) a beauty isn't he!

You - might have been nice to see more of the puppy but who could resist that.

Back