weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

I must admit I didn't find this one too inspiring, but its a beautiful sunny day and I've had a lovely wander around the local boating lake and gardens ...so not bad at all in the end. I tried a few unusual angles but in the end decided this was the best of the bunch. I've cloned two big lamp posts out and now I'm thinking that Canna is a bit obtrusive, but anyway its staying!

Arch TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Beautiful day there Susie. The plant is really distracting for me too but well done on the lamp posts, they're invisible:) Great arches by the way!!

Hi Susie. Just having a quick look back through recent stuff. I like the flamingos but whatever you took a picture of for curved, I love that.

Great cloning job Susie, well done on that.
I thought I would prefer it sans Canna, but I actually dont now I can see both.....

A gift for YOU ... Awe and what great eye contact. :)

Arches can be tricky (if you want to make them ultra interesting) so this is fine and better for your excellent cloning job. (y)

Hi Susie

Occupation - What a lovely old fashioned sweet shop, you don't see many like that anymore and right on theme
You - What a cutie, looks like he's thinking "don't you dare take my ball"
Arches - Lovely bridge/viaduct but as you say the plant is a bit of a distraction

:)

Just gone back up the comments and seen the cloned out version. Excellent cloning, well done :D

Last edited:
Wow, Susie, Curves is an absolute cracker and really catches the eye. Great idea and excellent execution :clap:

I agree with you about Occupation; there must be many worse jobs than that one :) Lots of bright colours and interest in that, while You works well for the super eye contact and expression, and the viaduct is perfect for Arch. You get extra marks for the expert cloning - it does definitely improve the image.

Arches
I'm glad you removed the lamp posts but I quite liked the Canna.
Anyway, it's a nice shot overall, the arches are nicely framed by the trees and greenery.

You've done a good job with that :clap:

Thanks Chris.

100% agree with Chris @sirch. Sunny days are not the best days for taking photos but you've done an excellent job and with the cloning too.

Thank you Stan.

Hi Susie. Just having a quick look back through recent stuff. I like the flamingos but whatever you took a picture of for curved, I love that.

Thanks Nick, its the local railway viaduct.

Great cloning Susie. Much better shot now:)

Thank you John.

Great cloning job Susie, well done on that.
I thought I would prefer it sans Canna, but I actually dont now I can see both.....

Yes the Canna is slightly like Marmite I think :)

A gift for YOU ... Awe and what great eye contact. :)

Arches can be tricky (if you want to make them ultra interesting) so this is fine and better for your excellent cloning job. (y)

Thanks d00d, tried all sorts of angles but in the end I wasnt sure so I played safe :)

Wow, Susie, Curves is an absolute cracker and really catches the eye. Great idea and excellent execution :clap:

I agree with you about Occupation; there must be many worse jobs than that one :) Lots of bright colours and interest in that, while You works well for the super eye contact and expression, and the viaduct is perfect for Arch. You get extra marks for the expert cloning - it does definitely improve the image.

Thank you Andrea much appreciated.

Arches
I'm glad you removed the lamp posts but I quite liked the Canna.
Anyway, it's a nice shot overall, the arches are nicely framed by the trees and greenery.

Thanks Dominic, I must admit after I'd taken the Canna out, I thought maybe I like it better with it in :thinking:

The golden brown textures like sun (I'm sure there's a song there:D). Your leaf certainly shows the autumn display.

Lovely colours on the leaf, I like what like what you've chosen for the theme

Hi Susie,

Occupation - Do they have 'tinterweb in Wales? Blimey ;)
I knew the theme of that shot without having to read the title, so bang on. I may have made the image a bit more contrasty in pp, but I believe you're posting direct from your phone? So well taken. (y)

You - HeHe, such a good expression. I'll forgive you the focus on his nose and not the eyes ;)

Arch - What that needs is a Steam Train passing over the bridge... But seriously, this is an image where getting the right lighting makes it. It just wouldn't have worked on an overcast day. (y)
ETA - good work with the cloning. I don't think you need to remove the plant though, it adds a second point of focus in the shot. The lamp post though. urgh.

Display - Autumn already, it'll soon be week 0 again and I'll have to be polite with my comments for a few weeks.
Great colours captured there, separates well from the background :clap: My fav of the 4 I've commented on.

A very nice clear Display of autumn colours Susie, love the wet glow look to the shot with a nice BG :)

Thanks Dave ..the leaf was actually dry but I gave it a boost in PP and all the lovely colours shone out.

Lovely colours and textures in that leaf, Susie, and I think you made the right decision to go in close. Interesting contrast with the green leaf behind, too (y)

Thanks Andrea ...I did think of taking it indoors and doing it but I'm glad i left it on the original plant now.

The golden brown textures like sun (I'm sure there's a song there:D). Your leaf certainly shows the autumn display.

Will It be a hit ....all sing along :) Thanks Dominic.

Lovely coloured leaf,I have been looking for a nice tree full but they have not quite turned yet!

Thanks Clive ...yes I had to search the garden for that one.

Lovely colours on the leaf, I like what like what you've chosen for the theme

Thanks Tilz ...bit of a difficult theme I thought, but I'm pleased with it in the end.

Beautiful autumn colours and nice texture. Personally, I'm not too keen on the part green and part black background.

Thanks Stan, I did consider editing it to all dark, but I thought it more natural with the plant showing.

Top work as ever Susie, lovely colours and on theme....

Thanks Mark ...I appreciate that :)

Hi Susie,

Occupation - Do they have 'tinterweb in Wales? Blimey ;)
I knew the theme of that shot without having to read the title, so bang on. I may have made the image a bit more contrasty in pp, but I believe you're posting direct from your phone? So well taken. (y)

Tinternet was very iffy ....most annoying, but it was a good excuse to buy sweets :)

You - HeHe, such a good expression. I'll forgive you the focus on his nose and not the eyes ;)

Try making a puppy sit still :runaway: its another on my phone, I've got some better ones since but had to get that in for the theme.

Arch - What that needs is a Steam Train passing over the bridge... But seriously, this is an image where getting the right lighting makes it. It just wouldn't have worked on an overcast day. (y)

ETA - good work with the cloning. I don't think you need to remove the plant though, it adds a second point of focus in the shot. The lamp post though. urgh.

Yes, that plant was a bit of a 'shall I leave it or not ', at least I had some good cloning practice.

Display - Autumn already, it'll soon be week 0 again and I'll have to be polite with my comments for a few weeks.
Great colours captured there, separates well from the background :clap: My fav of the 4 I've commented on.

Your comments are always appreciated Tim, encouraging with a smattering of crit ...perfect ...thank you, all much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Interesting take on autumn colours, all in one leaf, well seen. Personally I might be tempted to give it just a little more space, particularly top and right

Wow... wonderful colours Susie, it's a shame that it is getting to that time of year already :( - but I guess that does mean super Autumn colours :clap:

Thank you DK ....scary isn't it, I looked on the calendar on my phone last night and it's only four weeks till we change the clocks !!

Interesting take on autumn colours, all in one leaf, well seen. Personally I might be tempted to give it just a little more space, particularly top and right

Thanks Chris, it was in a tub at the top of the garden tied up with blue string o_O I've already had to clone some out and didn't want another major cloning job again.

Fabulous colours Susie. Love those purples; I don't think I've ever seen that before

Thanks John, it's a hydrangea leaf on a cutting hubby is growing so quite small, I was surprised by the colours too ...lovely aren't they.

Display, just enough variation in background to keep it from being a sillhouette and good processing to bring out the colours of the leaf.

Nice one! Nicely lit and standing out well from the BG.

Back