Susiejb 52 in 2019 WHOLE

Nice flower - nice comp - maybe need a touch more light within the flower?

Lovely new bloom on a miserable January day. nice to see your photos again. Very long time since I’ve participated.

New
I like it.
I hope you can manage to keep up this year, I do like to see your photos.

Nicely portrayed Susie, I’m partial to flower pictures as you’ll get to see no doubt through the year. Great start to your 52.

I like the darkness and that it is still opening

Think I tend to agree with Dave, plus maybe add a bit more warmth but I do like the composition and works very well for the theme

very nice and works brilliantly with the black background :)

Thank you Peter.

Thanks Dave, I took quite a few, there’s probably one with more light lurking somewhere.

That is just beautiful Susie, really like the lighting on the full bloom and the dark BG to really make the bloom pop.

Thank you Dave.

Ah, got it now, I thought it was "New Bloomers" hanging on a washing line ;)

Okay, okay, i'll behave. Liking the way you've backlit the petals to get that effect. V clever. (y)

Oi cheeky :D thanks Tim :)

Lovely new bloom on a miserable January day. nice to see your photos again. Very long time since I’ve participated.

Thank you Mandy, good to see you back in the 52’s.

New
I like it.
I hope you can manage to keep up this year, I do like to see your photos.

Hi Dominic and thank you, I’m pretty determined to stick at it, I do enjoy the challenge.

Nicely portrayed Susie, I’m partial to flower pictures as you’ll get to see no doubt through the year. Great start to your 52.

Hi Andy, thank you, I can’t imagine my life without flowers, I love them.

I like the darkness and that it is still opening

Thank you.

Think I tend to agree with Dave, plus maybe add a bit more warmth but I do like the composition and works very well for the theme

Thanks Ian, I did fuss and faff about with it (as you do) I always end up with two or three that I like and find it hard to decide which one to put on.

Beautiful image!(y)

Great detail and nice subtle tones.
The gentle back lighting really works...not too overpowered...just right!

Thank you Gareth, much appreciate you looking in.

A good start. I like the composition and the dark BG works well.

Thank you Bob.

Nice Susie, is the plant a clvia? If anything #i think it just needs a slightly brighter exposure.

Hi Michael, it’s an Amaryllis, I always struggle a bit with pp as the final photo looks slightly different on my three screens, my computer, my phone and iPad.

Thank Andrea, I am a bit addicted to these low key shots, but take on board about letting a bit more light in.

I think only in the upper centre of the flower, but I'm guessing it would have been difficult as it looks thicker or more dense there. It's still a really lovely image.

Hi Susie, nice to see you back. I really enjoyed seeing your images previously :D This is very nice too, nice dark bg and I like the hint of another new bloom behind, although for my taste I would have liked the main bloom to be a little brighter, maybe just a small torch to light the centre but thats just personal taste. I look forward to seeing many more :D

Hi Susie, nice to see you back. I really enjoyed seeing your images previously :D This is very nice too, nice dark bg and I like the hint of another new bloom behind, although for my taste I would have liked the main bloom to be a little brighter, maybe just a small torch to light the centre but thats just personal taste. I look forward to seeing many more :D

Thank you for looking in Georgina, I maybe should have put a bit more light on it, but at least I got week one in so I'm off :)

Pin sharp and nice mono :D

Clean
Not a saying that I've heard before.
It's a good photo for the theme, the composition, light all work.

Good luck with your 2019 challenge and good to see you back and a strong start with your " New " bloom image good composition. Your image for Clean stands out very well, not sure that I have heard of the phrase before........................................ having said that the image works very well those pins really stand out against the black BG, focus is perfect with it being on the front and then blurring out in the BG.

Never heard the saying clean as a new pin before but I like the picture.

Superb! I like this a lot!!
Such a simple idea and expertly executed.
Wonderfully contrasty, love the B&W conversion, and great use of depth of field too!

....[**tries to think of a pin pun**]...

...perfectly on point for the theme!!:D
(...nah!..it's not good enough is it?!)

Great image Susie, very nicely done!(y)

Nice take on the theme. Some imaginative takes on this week's theme. This is one of "em!

Thank you very much Bob.

Pin sharp and nice mono :D

Thank you Dave.

Works nicely Susie.
Strong blacks, sharp and no floaty feel (due to the DoF I *think*).
(y)

Thanks Tim, much appreciated.

I am of the oPINion its a very nice shot and works well.

Thank you Peter :)

Very nice shot Susie, agree with Tim on the no floaty look and great in mono.

Thanks Dave, the choice of mono ticks that box for me.

Clean
Not a saying that I've heard before.
It's a good photo for the theme, the composition, light all work.

Thank you Dominic, I did Google it just to make sure I hadn't made the quote up.

Good luck with your 2019 challenge and good to see you back and a strong start with your " New " bloom image good composition. Your image for Clean stands out very well, not sure that I have heard of the phrase before........................................ having said that the image works very well those pins really stand out against the black BG, focus is perfect with it being on the front and then blurring out in the BG.

Hi Mandy, Thank you for looking in and for the comments.

Never heard the saying clean as a new pin before but I like the picture.

Thanks Rob.

Superb! I like this a lot!!
Such a simple idea and expertly executed.
Wonderfully contrasty, love the B&W conversion, and great use of depth of field too!

....[**tries to think of a pin pun**]...

...perfectly on point for the theme!!:D
(...nah!..it's not good enough is it?!)

Great image Susie, very nicely done!(y)

Thank you Gareth ....much appreciated :)

Susie, it’s a great idea and composure. Suits B&W really well !

Thank you Chris.

Very nice image. Love the contrast of the silver (whites) against the black background. Great composition

There have been some good takes on the theme this week, and this is another and really nicely executed. I did a double-take as I had a similar idea for 'Sharp' in last year's 52 (below) and liked the contrast of shiny metal on a black background, so this is a big thumbs up from me. You've got a tick in the B&W technique column too (y)

06 Sharp by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Back