weekly Susiejb 52 in 2021 Artificial

That's very nice and a clever idea. I love the detail you've managed to capture in the saly crystals.
Rock
I'd thought about doing rock salt, but didn't have any in the house.
I like the close up pov and the lighting.
A simple image that works well with some great detail.
I like that nice close up with great detail on the salt crystals.
Very nice close up - lovely composition, and a great amount of detail in the crystals.

Thank you very much all ...much appreciate youtaking the time to look in and comment.

There's nothing more exciting than a palm tree under a blue sky. (?)

Love the way it emerges from the corner and goes diagonally.

(Hmmm ... perhaps I would have flipped it) ...

That's a strange angle Susie, but it works :)

Palm tree was taking a bettering there, interesting angle with a wee bit of flare in the bottom right hand corner. I like it, thumbs up from me.

Tall - definitely get a sense of the height and the movement. Wouldn't fancy being near it if something could fall from it

Some blue sky - you were lucky this week. Fits the bill nicely.

Tall
I quite like the pov and composition. It's certainly tall.

That's a strange angle Susie, but it works :)
Thank you, I was trying to make it look really tall :)
Hi Susiejb
I absolutely love this take on the theme, they are very large pieces of rock salt or is it my eyes and the detail in every piece is stunning. WOW huge thumbs up from me on this one.
Thank you ...it was just the salt you normally put in a salt grinder on close up.
Palm tree was taking a bettering there, interesting angle with a wee bit of flare in the bottom right hand corner. I like it, thumbs up from me.
Thank you.
It's underneath the big Dub-yah!!
Nice and well detailed photo.
Thank you.
Tall - definitely get a sense of the height and the movement. Wouldn't fancy being near it if something could fall from it
Not a coconut in sight :)
Some blue sky - you were lucky this week. Fits the bill nicely.
Thank you.
Tall
I quite like the pov and composition. It's certainly tall.
Thank you, it looks taller than it actually was!
The diagonal composition works nicely. It reminds me of here or somewhere else warm and dry rather than the UK!
Thank you I think we’re all looking forward the spring here.

Last edited:
Very nice, very colourful Macro Susie.
#1 strikes the right balance IMO.

All good and some excellent detail, not sure which one I would choose.

All 3 are nice but I prefer the bottom one, more interest than just the stamens.

Very nice and colourful, #3 is very nice and sharper overall, but #1 is a great shot, not too much and focused on the Stamens

Pete

Nice flaaaarz!

A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!

Tall: I like the angle you've taken this from. Works well with the blue sky.
Snapper's: A nice series. the first one is a favourite for me.

Excellent macro shots and soft, subtle colour. I think you chose the right one for the main thread.

Very nice, very colourful Macro Susie.
#1 strikes the right balance IMO.
Thank you for looking in :)
All good and some excellent detail, not sure which one I would choose.
Thanks Allan, I actually liked them all too, it was hard to choose a favourite.
All 3 are nice but I prefer the bottom one, more interest than just the stamens.
Thank you, I like that one too but felt it didn’t emphasise the macro so much.
Excellent! The first for me.
Thanks d00d :)
#1 for me too, but I love the simplicity of #2 too.
Thank you Nick.

Last edited:
Very nice and colourful, #3 is very nice and sharper overall, but #1 is a great shot, not too much and focused on the Stamens
Pete
Thanks Pete, ages since I used a macro lens, I really enjoyed it.
Nice flaaaarz!
Thank you Oy :)
They're all great pictures, I like the 3rd picture best. I would love to have a macro lens.
Thank you, the Raynox lenses are about £60 each so not ridiculously expensive, they’re very easy to use too.
A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!
Tall: I like the angle you've taken this from. Works well with the blue sky.
Snapper's: A nice series. the first one is a favourite for me.
Thank you for looking in Pete.
Excellent macro shots and soft, subtle colour. I think you chose the right one for the main thread.
Thank you Helen

Another vote for #1 Susie, lovely colour tones/palette.
I do like #3 also but I might be tempted to crop out the large green area on the left and the little bit of green bottom right. That's minor points though, it has strong composition regardless.

Lovely images, it's No1 for me, a cracking image.

Love a macro shot and these are all good. I agree with your choice of #1 but also like #2 alot. #3 I find the green area a bit distracting. It's also nice to have a nice warm coloured shot at such a cold time of year, makes me look forward to summer and flowers being out everywhere.

Love the macro images, not sure if the main image would benefit from a crop at the left, the brighter petal in the top left takes away my focus a bit.

Another vote for #1 Susie, lovely colour tones/palette.
I do like #3 also but I might be tempted to crop out the large green area on the left and the little bit of green bottom right. That's minor points though, it has strong composition regardless.
Thank you Iain.
Lovely images, it's No1 for me, a cracking image.
Thank you, much appreciated.
Nice set, Susie. Good details and focus. Prefer #1 with that subtle of green.
Thank you Stan.
Choice
All are lovely macro shots. Really nice pastel colours.
Thank you.
Love a macro shot and these are all good. I agree with your choice of #1 but also like #2 alot. #3 I find the green area a bit distracting. It's also nice to have a nice warm coloured shot at such a cold time of year, makes me look forward to summer and flowers being out everywhere.
Thanks Steve, yes, roll on the spring.
Lovely colours and tones in there - good macro!
Thank you.
Love the macro images, not sure if the main image would benefit from a crop at the left, the brighter petal in the top left takes away my focus a bit.
Thank you for looking in and commenting Stuart.

Great shot Susie, the colours are perfect with the blue sky and I like how the toes are framed by the cloud.

Back