weekly Susiejb 52 in 2021 Artificial

Here we go then ... hopefully I can remember what to do to get the links right ....it might take a while.

Week 0 Nearby

A very cheeky Jackdaw giving me ‘a look’

50801174272_16a803da79_b.jpg
Jackdaw by Susiejb, on Flickr

Last edited:
What on earth did you say to it Susie?

Nice close up, nice start (y)

Hi Susie nice to see you back and a good shot of the jackdaw to start with

Your EXIF data says that it was taken at 55mm! Did you nail it to the ground!!?:)

Here we go then ... hopefully I can remember what to do to get the links right ....it might take a while.

Week 0 Nearby

A very cheeky Jackdaw giving me ‘a look’

50801174272_16a803da79_b.jpg
Jackdaw by Susiejb, on Flickr

Stunning shot, it really is staring at you. Beautifully in focus and superb colours. Excellent start.

Evil looking thing. About 55 miles away, taken with your new bridge camera? ;)

Stunning shot, it really is staring at you. Beautifully in focus and superb colours. Excellent start.
Thank you, I was pleased I managed to capture such a direct look.

Great start! Definitely giving you a look [emoji3] Perfectly exposed as well.
It’s a bit of an evil eye isn’t it, thank you for looking in, much appreciated.

Evil looking thing. About 55 miles away, taken with your new bridge camera? ;)

Well it was with the new camera but he was about two foot away :) camera seems pretty versatile so far and easy to use, an essential for me!

great detail in his face, well done for getting so close although he doesn't look too happy about it.

I immediately thought of The Birds.. still scares the hell out of me! Really sharp shot and lovely detail.

Creepy. I get these birds on the roof opposite my office window and their eyes creep me out. Very dramatic.

great detail in his face, well done for getting so close although he doesn't look too happy about it.
Great close up of Mr Evil, love it.
A lovely close-up Susie.
I immediately thought of The Birds.. still scares the hell out of me! Really sharp shot and lovely detail.
Creepy. I get these birds on the roof opposite my office window and their eyes creep me out. Very dramatic.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment all, I’m pleased you all liked it, even if he is a bit creepy :)

Nice Image Susie, they have wonderful eyes, focus and exposure is spot on.

Pete

Fruit
Nicely composed and a strong black background. I do think it is a bit under exposed.

Lovely composition but a bit too dark for me i'm afraid.

Nice reds, I think the overall darkness of the image which I don't mind brings out the red, it could do with grounding maybe the dish is kind of in mid air

As I have found, photographing strawberries is not as easy as it looks as my own has shiny highlights that I don't like. I feel this is underexposed by too much as the plate looks grubby and I suspect it is actually white. Lightroom it up a bit and it'll be lovely.

Mmmmm Stawbs.

Nice shot and comp but as has been said - a bit dark and floaty.

Loving the lighting on this great shot Susie, spot on and yummy looking.

Thanks Dave.

Fruit
Nicely composed and a strong black background. I do think it is a bit under exposed.

Thank you for looking in and commenting Dominic.

Lovely composition but a bit too dark for me i'm afraid.

Thank you, all feedback appreciated.

Are you using a snoot for the shot Susie? As the light looks very controlled/directional.
I do like it dark like that.

Thank you Tim, no didn’t use anything, I’m trying to keep it simple this time, just black card on the kitchen worktop and the under cupboard light shining down.

Just loving those tones. (y)

Thank you d00d.

Nice reds, I think the overall darkness of the image which I don't mind brings out the red, it could do with grounding maybe the dish is kind of in mid air

Thanks Allan I did wonder about a floaty look, I though maybe using the dish would ground it a bit rather have than floaty strawberries, maybe I should have cropped more to oblong than square and lost some off the bottom.

As I have found, photographing strawberries is not as easy as it looks as my own has shiny highlights that I don't like. I feel this is underexposed by too much as the plate looks grubby and I suspect it is actually white. Lightroom it up a bit and it'll be lovely.

Thank you for looking in, I don’t have Lightroom or any editing programme apart from the basics on my iPad. I think dark shots are always subject a bit to whatever they’re being view on, I tried this one on my OH Samsung tablet and it looks a lot lighter and brighter on my iPad, so a bit awkward to find a balance.

Mmmmm Stawbs.

Nice shot and comp but as has been said - a bit dark and floaty.

Thank you for looking, much appreciated.

I love the darkness of this photo, it really emphasises the reds. Now I want some strawberries!

Much appreciate you looking in Tom, thank you.

Last edited:
Nicely composed and good lighting. I think I would have cropped a little tighter under the dish, and lifted the exposure a touch.

I can't really offer anything on this. Lighting, colours, dof, central placement and the space around it all work really well together.

Nicely composed and good lighting. I think I would have cropped a little tighter under the dish, and lifted the exposure a touch.
Hi there, thank you for looking in, yes, I did think that myself about the crop.

I can't really offer anything on this. Lighting, colours, dof, central placement and the space around it all work really well together.

Thanks Nick.

Looks good to me the colours work well

Thank you.

Very nice Susie. I like the slight darkness and it looks great on Flickr.

Thank you, yes I think Flickr always lifts photos a bit.

Back