weekly Susiejb 52 in 2021 Artificial

Reflection
Faffing is a great term to describe a lot of photography endeavours!! You have the idea in your head, but it can be like a game of snakes and ladders to reach the end goal. With sometimes the end result not worth the effort. Your image looks great with the lighting enhancing its overall appearance

Rough
Good lateral thinking with the flag, with its colours still evident albeit looking a bit the worse for wear

Rough
Beautiful colours and really well caught movement. Maybe lose the rope on the left.

Nice colourful image, fits the theme and I like the way you've got some movement in the flag, good use of SS.
Thank you.
Well spotted. Definitely rough around the edges and nice and colourful.
Thank you.
Reflection
Faffing is a great term to describe a lot of photography endeavours!! You have the idea in your head, but it can be like a game of snakes and ladders to reach the end goal. With sometimes the end result not worth the effort. Your image looks great with the lighting enhancing its overall appearance

Rough
Good lateral thinking with the flag, with its colours still evident albeit looking a bit the worse for wear
Thank you, yes, I do faff a lot, as you say, it’s one thing to know what you want and something else to actually create it :)
It certainly has seen better days. Nice colour combination.
Thanks Helen.
Rough
Beautiful colours and really well caught movement. Maybe lose the rope on the left.
Thank you, the rope was a bit shall I shan’t I leave it, but I felt it looked a bit empty without it.

The ripples in the wake of the duck help to bring out the smoothness elsewhere

Nice capture, especially the reflection of the sky on the water.

Yeah that's smooth. There'll be little ones soon to photograph.

Plain and simple for smooth very nice Susie

Your Reflection shot works very well. I like the vivid colours and strong, contrasty light.
Rough certainly looks a little weather beaten. Perfect for the theme.
Very nice image for smooth. Simple, uncluttered and effective.

Smooth
Gliding without a care in the world, although this reminds me of swan where on the surface it's graceful but beneath the water the feet are rapidly moving!! You managed to retain some detail on the mallard which is great given its size relative to the image.

The ripples in the wake of the duck help to bring out the smoothness elsewhere
I like your text in the link [emoji23] so I glided here. Nice smooth water which the duck is enjoying breaking up.
Nice capture, especially the reflection of the sky on the water.
Yeah that's smooth. There'll be little ones soon to photograph.
Cool smooth image Susie, like the reflection too.
Plain and simple for smooth very nice Susie
Your Reflection shot works very well. I like the vivid colours and strong, contrasty light.
Rough certainly looks a little weather beaten. Perfect for the theme.
Very nice image for smooth. Simple, uncluttered and effective.
Smooth
Gliding without a care in the world, although this reminds me of swan where on the surface it's graceful but beneath the water the feet are rapidly moving!! You managed to retain some detail on the mallard which is great given its size relative to the image.

Thank you so much for looking and commenting all, very much appreciated:ty:

Last edited:
Brill Susie, and all teh more meaningful because of the story behind it. How big is the tree out of curiosity?

Love the composition, uncluttered background, and the lovely brown tones in the image. Sharp where it needs to be too. (Although I know nowt about macro)

Smooth
All alone. It's hard to imagine that their little webbed feet are going like the clappers under the surface.

Alive
Lovely close up showing the scales on the buds.

nice close up, I never got on with the Raynox but you seem to have mastered it.

lovely story and the image is really nice, great level of detail.

Brill Susie, and all teh more meaningful because of the story behind it. How big is the tree out of curiosity?

Love the composition, uncluttered background, and the lovely brown tones in the image. Sharp where it needs to be too. (Although I know nowt about macro)
Thank you Ian, it’s not tiny, probably about 2’6” (feet and inches ...sorry) but in comparison to a forty year old oak it’s pretty small :) we just keep it in a tall plant pot,
Smooth
All alone. It's hard to imagine that their little webbed feet are going like the clappers under the surface.

Alive
Lovely close up showing the scales on the buds.
Thank you Dominic, yes it’s amazing how ducks apparently seamlessly glide along isn’t it.
nice close up, I never got on with the Raynox but you seem to have mastered it.
Thanks Allan, macro is quite fascinating, once I’ve got the lens on I can’t resist walking around the garden taking photos.
Stunning macro.. and lovely colour you've captured.
Thank you Helen.
lovely story and the image is really nice, great level of detail.
Thank you Jim, it is a very special tree.

Nice close up Susie, and TBH Bosnia's can be any size.
I've got a Hawthorne that is about 18" ( yes I'm old too :D ) and about 8 years old.

Alive
Great detail in something so small, I'm always in too minds about how much space to leave at the side, I might have tempted to crop it as a square

Wonderful image for Alive Susie. Super sharp and a good DoF for a macro shot. Great inspiration for dusting off my Raynox and having a go with it too - Thank you :)

Nice close up Susie, and TBH Bosnia's can be any size.
I've got a Hawthorne that is about 18" ( yes I'm old too :D ) and about 8 years old.
Thanks Cobra :)
Alive
Great detail in something so small, I'm always in too minds about how much space to leave at the side, I might have tempted to crop it as a square
Thanks Stuart, I did fiddle about a bit with the cropping, I have taken some off.
Lovely back story to 'Alive'. Well executed on something so tiny!
Thanks Beebob :)
Wonderful image for Alive Susie. Super sharp and a good DoF for a macro shot. Great inspiration for dusting off my Raynox and having a go with it too - Thank you :)
Thanks Lee, once you get the macro out you realise how fascinating it is.
Great macro Susie, I got rid of my 250 Raynox but kept the 150. Great shot.
Thanks Dave ...I had them both, then sold them both because I sold my camera, just getting back into it now :)

I was a bit stumped with this one, then I saw @Fuji Dave comment in chat, I managed a super shot of a Robin last week but I do like to keep submissions on the proper week. Anyway I went for a walk on the headland this morning, there are numerous little crosses in various places but I saw this one tucked into the rocks and though it seemed just right for the topic, taken on my iPhone.

Easter by Susiejb, on Flickr

I really like this Susie. It's nice to have to spend more than a moment on the image to figure out what I'm looking at.

Very nice Susie nicely composed with the cross being tucked away in the corner

very nice. An atypical composition, and all the better for that!

A great location and well composed, excellent results from the iPhone

Great angle and very nicely presented Susie :)

Hi Susie

Alive, thats an interesting tale and a great macro with plenty of detail.

Easter, a nice view point, that fits the theme as well.

Pete

Well spotted and perfect for the theme :)

I really like this Susie. It's nice to have to spend more than a moment on the image to figure out what I'm looking at.
Thank you Ian.
Very nice Susie nicely composed with the cross being tucked away in the corner
Thank you Allan.
very nice. An atypical composition, and all the better for that!
Thank you, I did wonder if the POV would work.
A great location and well composed, excellent results from the iPhone
Thank you, I thought that about the phone too.
That's a cracking image Susie, very nicely taken with the IPhone and love the Cross on the RHS.
Thank you Dave.

Great angle and very nicely presented Susie :)
Thank you.
Lovely shot. Nicely composed and on theme. What a glorious day too!
Thank you .... it’s hard to believe how warm it was!
Hi Susie

Alive, thats an interesting tale and a great macro with plenty of detail.

Easter, a nice view point, that fits the theme as well.

Pete
Thank you Pete.
Well spotted and perfect for the theme :)
Thank you Dave.
Very nice Susie. I don't think I would have spotted the cross with that lively vista in front of me as well.
Thanks Tim, I do appreciate my lovely view.

Back