Weekly Susiejb 52 in 2021 Week 1 Fruit

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Susie, as has already been said the image is a bit under exposed on the front right side, try using something like white card/paper to reflect some light back onto that area.
I like your idea of keeping things simple as well.
I think the strawberrys are a perfect subject for a black background.
Pete

OP
susiejb
Name
susie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Susie, as has already been said the image is a bit under exposed on the front right side, try using something like white card/paper to reflect some light back onto that area.
I like your idea of keeping things simple as well.
I think the strawberrys are a perfect subject for a black background.
Pete
Hi Pete, thank you for looking in and the handy hint about the white card ....much appreciated.

You certainly achieved what you set out to do.
It works very well IMO
Thank you Cobra.

Good start to your 52 Susie (y)
Thank you Iain

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
I think dark shots are always subject a bit to whatever they’re being view on
Agreed. My monitor is calibrated so my prints look perfect and many of the photos I've looked at this week with black backgrounds show pixelation in the black (like yours does). If it looks fine to you, then that's all that matters.

I think you managed a better job of this than I did and I think the plate has helped separate the strawberries from the background. I like the central cojmposition, although there are a lot of stalks sticking out that I might have been tempted to trim.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
I'm not expert on lighting etc so can't comment on that. I like the dark muted reds so works for me.