Swan Project

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been spending quite a bit of time watching the Swans at the local nature reserve, as i decided to try and focus spare time and effort into a specific species. Seeing as i have a soft spot for the humble Swan and that there are plenty of area local to choose i thought these would make a great subject. I have found a nesting pair this week who are pretty accepting of having a lens pointed at them, but as yet i have not had time to process any of the "on the nest" shots. I am currently awaiting the arrival of their cygnets!
Anyway, in the mean time i have decided to share a few of my favourites from efforts over the last month or so, so far.

Thanks in advance

Untitled by Jonathan Wintle, on Flickr

The first conversion is my pick
but I like the dreamy mood of
the other two as well!

Beautiful creatures (from a safe distance).
Tricky to get the white tones throughout, without clipping or losing tonal derail.
You've done well with these.
No1 for me also.

Thanks both. I was particularly happy with no1 especially the reflection and the gorgeous water droplet.
The other two I'm quite fond of too, with the dreamy aspect you've mentioned Kodiac. Had some lovely backlight on them and had the aperture wide open at 2.8 for the second shot

the mono is good but the other two, shooting into the sun has meant flat images and blown highlights

Stan

Like everyone else I think the monochrome is great, I really do like the softness that the backlighting adds to the the second and third. With the sun in that position it is very difficult to achieve what you have managed to do - I know, I have often failed. Well done!

Back