Swimming Grass Snake

SKM

Edit My Images
No
At Blashford

Stan

28996941935_7838908536_c.jpg

Nice capture great to see I'm always looking For them as well as adders yet to find them I will just have to look harder

Thanks for looking guys.

I have seem them swimming before but not so close and clear or with the tongue out

Have seen a few whilst fishing but never had the camera handy. Watched one jump into an overhanging branch straight from the water. Good capture.

Nice and sharp.
Good timing too. Like the head reflection in the water.

Superb image and a great spot, the last time I saw a grass snake in the wild would have been 30-40 years ago.

That's cool. I've never seen one myself, but always ride through woodland and nature reserves.

One day.....

thanks Mark

THey have been quite common at Blashford over the summer with 2 often basking in the sun on a log in front of one of the other hides

Stan

How can a snake swim with no legs? I've got 2 arms and legs and can't swim!

Lovely capture Stan, as said the extended tongue makes all the difference

Les :clap:

That's a lovely shot! Was there two weeks ago, disappointed not to see any wasp spiders, interested to hear if you saw any evidence when you were there?

Been a few times since then and always kept an eye out for wasp spiders but not come across any. The path leading to the goo sander hide is supposed to be a good location but as I say none visible

Back