Sycamore Gap

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Sycamore Gap, or Robin Hoods Tree. Considering this is literally on my doorstep, it's taken me 4 years of photography to finally get out and shoot the place. I know it's a cliche, and it's shot to death, but this was the first time by me :)

Sycamore Gap by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Sycamore Gap long exposure by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Sycamore Gap, or Robin Hoods Tree. Considering this is literally on my doorstep, it's taken me 4 years of photography to finally get out and shoot the place. I know it's a cliche, and it's shot to death, but this was the first time by me :)
Stunningly taken too. Personally I prefer by far No. 1.

It's a really nice spot, I popped up there for the first time recently as I was in the area. Really like 1 with the nice foreground.

I would agree with Donna, both good but I too prefer the first one, I think it's the flowers in the foreground and the interesting clouds.

In the second one I feel the L.E clouds are catching the eye and leading them up and out of the picture over the hill.

Thanks @stumeech as soon as I seen the buttercups, I knew that was the shot :)

@huffy Thanks, I never looked at the clouds in that way before, but you're right... certainly something to take into account next time I take an LE :)

If the wind had been blowing the clouds over the tree that would definitely be the better shot. As it is I am dying to know what is over the hill rather than being drawn to the tree.

Now those are lovely images.
The first one is my favourite though.
The light is beautiful and the framing very effective.

Back