Sykes Monument - My First Attempt at Light Painting

Not a bad attempt at light painting, but I'd like to see the whole of the monument.

Cheers.
Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't have a wide enough lens to get the whole thing in the frame. With me testing it for the first time too, I need to get a wider lens and re-visit one night when I have checked out the area better as was as spare of the moment drive out :)

Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't have a wide enough lens to get the whole thing in the frame. With me testing it for the first time too, I need to get a wider lens and re-visit one night when I have checked out the area better as was as spare of the moment drive out :)

Hi, lightpainting is great. Not done much for a while but I'm out very early Saturday morning so might have another go.

Cheers.

Do you really need a wider lens? Couldn't you just take the photo from a bit further back?

Do you really need a wider lens? Couldn't you just take the photo from a bit further back?

If I went in the other direction I could have. But at the time I didn't know what was the other side and if I could have walked down the path into the field. I did check on Google Maps when I got home to find I could have gone into the field, but was prepared enough. With the area I was in for this photo, even across the road as far as I could go I was unable to get it all in. This is where planning comes into things hehe :)

Back