Symonds yat sunrise

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
My evening plans to go to Lake District may have collapsed, but I finally managed to get a good sunrise at Symonds Yat:

I haven't edited any other ones yet so who knows if this is the best! It likely is.

Anyone who has been to this location will know that it is an incredibly wide vista - no chance with your typical 16-35mm lens in one shot, so I just did a pano of 8 verticals at 24mm!

Previous year:

probably a little more colour and better sky but the light just never came.

Then we also have this older evening shot which I think is also quite interesting

Last edited:
It's all about that first shot. Really well executed. Looks like pretty optimal conditions that.

Thanks. I've only included no 2 just as a contrast.

Earlier one where the sun is less over powering - actually do you have one prior to the sunrise - that sky looks like it might have had some nice dawn colour to go with the autumn ones

It was surprisingly grey and miserable up to that point in the sky.

I am never quite convinced when I see images which are basically looking directly into low sun yet there are no real shadows.

I guess its something we have got used to since the advent of digital but I can't be whole-heartedly positive about this, lovely though it is.

A lovely set but that first is special.

No 1 for me. Brings back memories of my long drive most weekends from Midlesbrough back to RAF St Athan.

Back