Synchronized Skating ('Images of War')

Name
Tero
Edit My Images
No
This is my first post to this Sport-photo section and you can get to know me by reading my first email from Welcome forum: Greetings from Finland

Here’s some highlight of synchronized skating from the top of the world. I wrote little bit more of this to Facebook just before World Championships in Hamilton Canada one week ago and you can read that text above. This team is four time World Champion but this time they got silver medal (although they won free skating). Winner was Team Canada 1 (Nexxice) and it was under 1 point that separate these two great teams. Unfortunately I was not able to travel Canada so these photos are from two competitions held in Finland.

Sorry that there quite many photos - I will post great more threads from other sports also and then I will try to post little bit less photos (but thats not a promise)
____

Marigold IceUnity, also known as MIU, has something special to offer for spectators on this season. Their free program is different than anything else I have seen earlier in synchronized skating. This is my first time that I highlight one presentation, but this time it has to be done.

My first contact to MIU’s free program was 2nd qualifications in Espoo Finland since I was not able to go to the first competition. Rumors reach me too before this competition and they said that this show is awesome. Of course I didn’t believe it totally - yeah, it can be good but so are all other programs from other teams. I was wrong. That first time blew my mind - the atmosphere changed in the arena when MIU lined up. Most of spectators knew what was coming. Show start with powerful helicopter sounds and then Images of War is flying. Theme is strong and music and effects support it but what is most important - skaters are really inside the theme and appearance is great.

Second time I saw it in the finals. It was even better or maybe you can say touching that I remembered. In the end of the show it was hard to concentrate on photographing because I was not able to see clearly - probably something went to my eye… ;)

This is the show you have to see live - you need to feel the atmosphere in the arena and just watch it with speechless.
Tonight is the last time when MIU is skating this, lets see how far it will take them. Regardless todays results, I believe it will be something where most of programs will be compared in the future. I will remember this hopefully forever

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg