t20 cricket

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
First of the season for t20 .. Done a few weekend games and some half decent pics but I am not the biggest cricket fan.. however I have warmed to t20.. Only did first innings As always the EXIF is in place. Canon 1dxmkII + canon 400 2.8 IS L

enfield_nelson_001.jpg

enfield_nelson_002.jpg

enfield_nelson_003.jpg

enfield_nelson_004jpg

enfield_nelson_005.jpg

enfield_nelson_006.jpg

enfield_nelson_007.jpg

enfield_nelson_008jpg

enfield_nelson_009.jpg

enfield_nelson_010.jpg

enfield_nelson_0010.jpg

Last edited:
Great captures with wonderful timing.You obviously know what you're doing.
I am quite pleased to see that I stand roughly in the same places in relation to the wicket as you when shooting cricket Yay!! ! I'm doing something right.
Must remember your tip about the sun though for next time. Thanks for that.

Where are you sat ! Look at the loss of detail in the pads and have a look at the histograms. :whistle:

Pads are not important. In sports photography, it's all about the facial expression. That's the "focus" of attention. The face has to be properly exposed and sometimes that is at the expense of less important objects in the image.

My style of sports photography is to.. crop in tight. crop 7x5 ratio and err to the right with exposure.. It might not be the best habit but its part of the way i photo to make them stand out... IMHO this type of photogrpahy doesnt have to be exposure perfect throughout the range as nigel points out..its pretty much down the list.. I did boxing on sat night with lighting directly above the ring causing massive shadows right down every shot.... I havent one single shot with exposure perfect through the picture out of 12 bouts.... same with cricket on a bright sunny day..

so on the one hand your right.. there are areas of over exposure :)

Look good to me, love #4 as the keeper seems to be looking to the heavens as he reaches for the ball ... that 400 looks to be a very good lens. :)

Look good to me, love #4 as the keeper seems to be looking to the heavens as he reaches for the ball ... that 400 looks to be a very good lens. :)

Its my baby.. had it from new for quite a few years now.. gets me all the cricket work around here because nobody else has a long lens :) Its a bit poorly at the moment and am taking it to elstree to be looked at ion 19th (its away when i am on hols then) connection problems..will be OK

Back